EYELIDS FACE LIFT SKIN Tummy tucks, upper arm and thigh lifts are increasingly popular as more people

EYELIDS FACE LIFT SKIN Tummy tucks, upper arm and thigh lifts are increasingly popular as more people

  • View
    0

  • Download
    0

Embed Size (px)

Text of EYELIDS FACE LIFT SKIN Tummy tucks, upper arm and thigh lifts are increasingly popular as more...

  • V1 - CTME01Z01MA CAIRNS EYE, Saturday, January 26, 2019 11

    The most common plastic surgery procedure among women. Silicone implants are used in 77 per cent of cases, and saline implants in the remaining 23 per cent. But enlargement and lifts are not the only form of augmentation being carried out. Breast reduction surgery is a common procedure, along with reconstruction for women who have had mastectomies due to illness, accidents or deformities. Expect to pay from $6000 to $15,000.

    BREAST SURGERY

    More men are undergoing breast reduction surgery for gynaecomastia – swollen male breast tissue. If a more serious health condition is ruled out, there are two treatment options: liposuction – surgery to remove breast fat, or a mastectomy, where breast gland tissue is removed. A surgeon will carry out the procedure. Between $6000- $8000.

    SKIN

    Tummy tucks, upper arm and thigh lifts are increasingly popular as more people have gastric bypass surgery and lose substantial amounts of body weight, leaving them with sagging skin. From $9000-$18,000.

    TUMMY TUCK

    LIPOSUCTION

    BUTT LIFT

    CUPID’S BOW The space between the nose and lip elongates over time and can age the lip. A small incision under the nose is made to lift the lip. Cost from $3500.

    Mummy makeovers are popular with mothers who have finished having children and are keen to rejuvenate

    their figure. Women who have lost elasticity from childbirth or ageing can get a vaginoplasty for $6000-$8000 or a labioplasty for 5900-$6900. Claims that a vaginoplasty can improve sensitivity have been strongly challenged. Meanwhile for

    men, penile thickening and lengthening procedures can cost from $7900-$13,900.

    VAGINA RECONSTRUCTION

    Removal of fat from problem areas in the body such as thighs, bottom and stomach. Performed under general anesthetic, a cannula and negative pressure is used to suck out fat. $2500-$8000.

    Buttock surgery is less common, but numbers are growing. Kim Kardashian has been rumoured to have had the Brazilian Butt, where fat is transferred from other parts of the body and injected into the buttocks and hips. Butt surgery has reportedly become popular with men in the past decade.

    Attaining flawless skin is a big deal for women. The biggest gripe for younger women is acne while for women beyond their 20s, chief problems are brown patches, age spots, fine line and wrinkles. The range of skin treatments can be overwhelming. A few of the more mainstream treatments are: microdermabrasion, where a diamond-tipped wand is used to abrade the surface of the skin; laser therapy, which directs short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin; chemical peels, which work on the epidermis and dermis layers of skin. Prices will vary widely depending on the treatment.

    EYELIDS Known as blepharoplasty, eyelid reshaping surgery is carried out to remove skin or sagging skin on the eyelids. Recovery time is around 10 days and expect to pay $2500+. FACE LIFT

    Younger groups are opting for nose and chin surgery, older groups for eyelid, facelift and neck lift surgery. There are less invasive options such as dermal fillers, botox, liquid facelifts, vampire treatments and a slow facelift.

    IMPLANTS THIGH REDUCTION Excess skin and fat is removed from the inner or outer thighs. $9500 to $13,000.

    HANDS Fat transfers to the hands has been gaining popularity among older people. Also known as microlipoinjection or autologous fat transplantation, fat cells are cleansed and processed, and then injected into the wrinkled area.