Dr. W. Edwards Deming’s 14 Points
• Cartoons by
Do you have clear goals for the organization communicated to all
• How can everyone be empowered, feel a sense of ownership and share in the company’s success?
• With everyone participating our goals are to deliver perfect quality to our customers
• We want to develop long term beneficial relationships with our suppliers.
• At all levels, everyone should be involved in continuous improvement activities every single day.
• If all employees are learning and growing every day, competition will be only a figment of our imagination.
• The leaders select the music, set the tone and insure that everyone is on board at every moment.
• Ask your associates what they fear and then do whatever is necessary to get rid of it.
• Find ways to open communications between suppliers, customers and all employees.
• Value is placed on doing and demonstrating.
• The method is balancing technology with people’s needs and aspirations and eliminating those non-value adding wastes.
• Why come to work if it is not joyous?
• Ask and plan now for an ongoing continuous educational process to help everyone become the best that they possibly can be.
• Ask Dr. Shingo would always say, “DO IT!”