and but so because or
1. i went to the shop ______ forgot my purse
2. today I flew a kite _____ bought an ice cream at the park
3. he couldn’t decide whether to take his bike ____ his scooter
4. i had to run back home ___________ I realised I was late
5. she turned out the lights ____ everyone knew it was time to sing ‘Happy Birthday’
What questions would you ask the Enormous Crocodile?
What do you want to find out?
What do you think he might reply?
Q: How often do you eat children?
A: I can eat them whenever I feel hungry but sometimes I don’t want to leave my
Remember to use a question mark at the end of your question.
Try to use a joining word in your answer (but, so, because, and, or).