CPRE-FL Training & Certification
IREB CPRE - Foundation Level
Duration & Timings:Dates & Venue:
Objectives of the CPRE Foundation Level Training
Certified Professional in Requirements Engineering Foundation Level (Based on IREB CPRE-FL Syllabus, Version 2.1)
Requirements engineering as a first step in system development has significant impact on the projects success. It delineates the projects scope and establishes the common basis for communication for all disciplines involved in the project. The better requirements engineering and requirements management are conducted within the project, the less expensive errors occur during development, decreasing the overall error costs in the projects.
The International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) is responsible for the international scheme called "Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering". Foundation level comprises basic knowledge of eliciting, analysing, specifying, documenting, validating and managing requirements. A person with a CPRE FL certificate is 1. Familiar with the terminology of requirements engineering/business analysis and requirements management2. Understands the basic techniques and methods of requirements engineering and their application 3. Is familiar with the most established notations for requirements
1. The primary objective of this program is to prepare participants to confidently take and pass the CPRE-FL exam.2. The program delivery is highly interactive and is heavily based on experience sharing, discussions and exercises.3. The program facilitates preparation for the CPRE-FL certification exam through a series of exercises, quizzes and exam-style questions.4. Existing PMP recipients will be able to claim 21 PDUs for their PMP certification.
3 Days, 9:00 am to 6:45 pm 4th-6th October, Pune | 11th-13th October, Bangalore
?Learning various types of requirements sources?Learning the significance of requirements sources and the consequences of disregarded requirements sources?Learning the most important information of the stakeholder documentation?Learning important principles in dealing with stakeholders (stakeholder rights and duties)?Learning influencing factors for the choice of elicitation techniques?Learning advantages and disadvantages of elicitation techniques?Mastering and using the following types of elicitation techniques and examples for each: survey techniques, creativity techniques, document-centred techniques, observation techniques and supporting techniques Organised by Accredited by Approved by Certifications by
c Blackarrow Conferences 2013 www.blackarrowconferences.com
About the Faculty
Testimonials from Prasads earlier CPRE-FL training Participants
Consultant, Auditor, Content Developer, Corporate Instructor & Agile Coach
CBAP Certified Business Analysis Professional PgMP - Program Management ProfessionalPMP Project Management Professional CSM Certified ScrumMasterMCTS Microsoft Certified Technology Professional CUA Certified Usability AnalystCSQA Certified Software Quality Analyst ITIL IT Infrastructure LibraryCBCP Certified Business Continuity Professional CEH Certified Ethical HackerCISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional CPP Certified Process ProfessionalPMI-ACP - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner MSP - Managing Successful ProgrammesCPRE-AL Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering Advanced Level
Prasad Kamath has over 19 years of industry experience in both the IT and BPO industries with strong competencies in program and project management, business analysis, agile practices, usability engineering, software delivery, information security and business continuity.
He has the distinction of being the 10th PMI PgMP (Program Management Professional)recipient in India and the 8th IIBA CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) recipient in India. He has been formally trained on the MCPM (Masters Certificate in ProjectManagement) program from one of Indias premier B-schools and Human Factors Internationals Certified Usability Analyst program.Prasad is the first and currently the only professional in India to acquire 3 global business analysis credentials IIBA CBAP, IREB CPRE-FL & CPRE-AL and the only professional in India to acquire 3 global program management credentials PMI PgMP, APMG MSP Practitioner and Managing Benefits Practitioner. Prasad is also the first in the world to have acquired the CPRE-AL (Elicitation &Consolidation) credential in the English language.
He has delivered more than 100 business analysis programs over the past 4.5 years, including 10 different business analysis courses spanning all the 6 IIBA BABOK Guide knowledge areas and trained more than 1200 professionals on business analysis.Over these years, he has assumed roles in the capacity of Director & Global Head Enterprise Risk Management, Deputy General Manager, Head Account PMO, Delivery Manager, Project Manager and National Technology Head. In his last role, he was the Global Director and Chief Information Security Officer with a global IT services company. He has managed multiple types of IT projects like full development life-cycle projects, testing projects, defect prevention projects and maintenance & production support projects in the onsite offshore model for global customers.
I enrolled for Prasad's 3 day online training boot camp for the CPRE-FL exam. The only wordthat I can think of to describe the boot camp is - SENSATIONAL. Hands down, this was by far thebest training I have ever attended in my 16 years in IT.Balaji Kalanjeri, Sr. Manager, Projects
Mr. Prasad is an excellent teacher. I took up the "CPRE-FL Certification Boot Camp". Thematerial he provided is detailed and coupled with the examples (which you can actually relateto) made it easy to understand. I highly recommend Prasad to anyone seeking to engage his services and I sincerely hope that I get an opportunity to attend his other classes as well. Mala Chulani, System Analyst at Nagico Information Technology Center, West Indies
"I attended CPRE-FL Boot camp training by Prasad in 2012 and I am very much satisfied. He is an excellent trainer; this is the first time I had come across such a trainer whose delivery ofpresentation, keeping the audiences engaged throughout the 3 days of the training made mereally impressed. The results of the CPRE-FL (above 90%) is a real proof of his training skills. I highly recommend him as a corporate trainer for CPRE-FL."Hareesha Talapady, was Prasad Kamath,CBAP,'s client
"Prasad kamath is a good trainer. I attended "CPRE-FL Certification Boot Camp". It wasexcellent, good study material and I could clear the exam very easily."Basavaraju Sd, was Prasad Kamath,CBAP,'s client
1. Introduction a. Introduction to Business Analysis and Requirements Engineeringb. Introduction to the CPRE-FL Syllabusc. Overview of the CPRE-FL Certification Examd. Types of Requirementse. Types of Requirements Documentsf. Chapter Quiz
2. System and Context Boundaries a. Defining the System Boundariesb. Defining the Context Boundariesc. Defining the Business Problem(s)d. Chapter Quiz
3. Eliciting Requirements a. Identifying Sources of Requirementsb. Identification & Profiling Stakeholdersc. Elicitation Techniquesd. Requirements Elicitation Best Practicese. Chapter Quiz
4. Documenting Requirements Using Natural Language a. Effectively Structuring Requirementsb. Quality Criteria for Requirements Documentsc. Problems With Natural Language Requirements Statementsd. Using a Requirements Templatee. Chapter Quiz
5. Modeling Requirements a. Types of Requirements Modelsb. Data Modelingc. Process or Functional Modelingd. Behavioral Modelinge. Chapter Quiz
6. Requirements Validation and Negotiation a. Quality Aspects of Requirements b. Difference Between Requirements Verification and Validationc. Principles of Requirements Validationd. Requirements Validation Techniquese. Requirements Negotiationf. Chapter Quiz
7. Requirements Management a. Understanding Requirements Attributesb. Presenting Requirements Using Different Viewsc. Requirements Prioritization Techniquesd. Understanding the Levels of Requirements Traceabilitye. Managing Requirements Changesf. Chapter Quiz
8. Tool Support a. Requirements Modeling Toolsb. Requirements Management Toolsc. Evaluating Toolsd. Chapter Quiz
CPRE-FL Exam & Certification
Your benefitRequirements Engineering helps you to reduce costly errors while improving design and your requirement specifications. You will be able to lay the foundation for an effective and efficient process that is the basis for successful and on time completion. With our certificate you are able to demonstrate wide-ranging expertise and hands-on knowledge and knowledge about the application of recognized best practices. You will acquire an independent and internationally recognized qualification through a standardized testing procedure.
Target groupIT project managers, requirements engineers, IT architects, members of the IT department, IT auditors, IT consultants, IT demand managers, IT operations managers
Exam prerequisites?Participation inCertified Professional for Requirements Engineering - Foundation Level training at a certified training institute is recommended but not mandatory
Exam content?Testing is performed by an independent auditor of the TV SD Examination