- Context Clues. To find context clues you have to think like a shark!
Context Clues. To find context clues you have to think like a shark!
- Slide 1
- Context Clues
- Slide 2
- To find context clues you have to think like a shark!
- Slide 3
- You have to look all around to find clues to the meaning of the word!
- Slide 4
- Use these 4 strategies to help you attack the word and find its meaning.
- Slide 5
- #1 Find a Synonym You might find a word with the same meaning. The homework was more complicated, or difficult than she had first thought.
- Slide 6
- #2 Find an Antonym Even though some of the dogs were very docile, others were very mean. You might find a word with the opposite meaning.
- Slide 7
- #3 Find an Explanation The word might be explained in the sentence before or after the unfamiliar word. Jo was so exhausted, she could hardly keep her eyes open.
- Slide 8
- #4 Find an Example Sometimes, right after the word, an example will be given. Celestial bodies, such as the sun, moon and stars can be seen in the sky.
- Slide 9
- If you still cant read the word, leave it and just keep reading!