A PRESENTATION ON
CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVE WORKSPRESENTED BY : - NAME : - ANKAN DEY BRANCH : - MECHANICAL INSTITUTE ROLL NO : - 131961028UNIVERSITY ROLL NO 27300713010 NSHM KNOWLEDGE CAMPUS , DURGAPUR
MR. SUBRATA GHOSH, Principal, TTC/CLW/CHITTARANJAN
MR. NAG, VOCATIONAL TRAINING INCHARGE, TTC/CLW/CHITTARANJAN
ALL SENIOR SECTION ENGINEERS, JUNIOR ENGINEERS, SUPERVISORS AND EMPLOYEES OF CLW CHITTARANJAN
ABOUT CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVES WORKSFIRST LOCOMOTIVE BUILDING WORKSHOP IN INDIA
PREMIER PRODUCTION UNIT OF INDIAN RAILWAYS
PRODUCTION INAGURATED ON 26TH JANUARY 1950 BY SMT. BASANTI DEVI, W/O OF GREAT PATRIOT DESHBANDHU CHITTARANJAN DAS.
ABOUT CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVES WORKS
26TH JANUARY 1950 - PRODUCTION INAGURATED BY SMT. BASANTI DEVI, W/O OF GREAT PATRIOT DESHBANDHU CHITTARANJAN DAS.SOME SPECIAL MOMENTS14TH OCTOBER 1961 FIRST CLW BUILT WCM-5 ELECTRIC LOCO LOCKMANYA16TH NOVEMBER 1963 FIRST CLW BUILT WAG-1 25KV AC ELECTRIC LOCO BIDHAN1968 FIRST CLW BUILT DIESEL HYDRAULIC LOCOMOTIVES INDRAPRASTHA1971 LAST STEAM ENGINE PRODUCED ANTIM SITARA1992 FIRST 5000HP HIGH ADHESION WAG-7 ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE SHANTIDAN PRODUCED1980 FIRST RAJDHANI ELECTRIC LOCO WAP-1 PRODUCED 1994 WAP-1 ELETRIC LOCO PRAGATISHEEL PROVIDED WITH HITHACHI TRACTION MOTOR1996 ISO-9001 & 9002 CERTIFIED1998 FIRST 3 6000HP WAG-9 LOCOMOTIVE NAVYUG INAGURATED BY HONARABLE MINISTRY OF INDIAN RAILWAYS SHRI NITISH KUMAR1994 FIRST 5000HP WAP-4 PASSENGER TRAIN ASHOK FAGGED OFF2000 NAVKIRAN FIRST WAP-7 LOCO ROLLED OUT2000 NOVODIT FIRST WAP-5 LOCO ROLLED OUT2000 NAVASAKTI FIRST WAG-9H LOCO ROLLED OUT
2002 ISO-14001 CERTIFICATION AWARDED TO CLW 2003 ISO-9001-2000 CERTIFICATION AWARDED TO CLW 2006 CLW IS CONFERRED WITH THE GOLDEN PEACOCK AWARD FOR ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT BY THE WOLD ENVIRONMENT FOUNDATION2006 CLW AWARDED WITH SAFETY INNOVATION AWARD 2006 BY THE INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERS2008 CLW WEBSITE LAUNCHED 2008 CLW ADOPTED ORACLE BASED FINANCIAL APPLICATION 28TH JANUARY 2009 STEPS INTO DIAMOND JUBILEE YEAR
Quality Policy Of Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
CLW has well-established Quality System.The quality policy adopted by CLW are as follows : - To meet customers need by establishing a quality management system and reviewing the quality policy and quality objective for continual improvement.
Quality Policy is communicated and understood by all in the organisation and reviewed periodically.Ensure quality of purchase material by establishing an effective system of vendor product performance.Constantly reviewing and updating design specification and progress to improve product performance.Having an effective system of communication, proper training and motivate to every employee of CLW to implement and maintain the quality policy
Environmental Policy Of Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
Waste generated in Shops have been reduced by 5% from the previous year by improvement of operational procedures.
Air Pollution Control Device has been installed in Integrated Paint Shop to reduce air pollution.
Dust collector has been installed in Sand Plant/SF for reduction of air pollution.
To reduce air pollution, stack height of D. G. sets in Central Power House has been increased.Air Pollution Control Device has been installed at GEC Arc Furnaces in Steel Foundry.
Consumption of water in plant area has been reduced by 5% by arresting major leakages and provision of water meters have been made for regular monitoring of water consumption.
Consumption of electricity in plant and Township has been reduced by use of energy efficient lights, installation of capacitor bank etc.
50,000 trees have been planted in the CLW Township. Another 50,000 trees will be planted during the current year.
Use of polybags has been totally banned inside the Township.
New Sewage Treatment Plant (Bio-filter Plant) has been commissioned and under operation for improvement of effluent quality before discharge to surface inland and nearby water bodies.
LOCOMOTIVE ENGINE NOMENCLATUREW - Broad Gauge(1.676 m)
Y - Meter Gauge(1m )
Z Narrow Gauge(26)
N Narrow Gauge(2)
1, 2, 3,4. Denotes Model NoM Mixed TrafficG GoodsP PassengerS ShuntingL Light DutyR Rail CarAlphabets like E, H etc.Denotes rectified locos.A AC Power (25KV)
C DC Power (1500V)
D Diesel Loco
CA AC/DC Traction
Locos except older steam ones have classification codes that identified them. The code is as follows : - [Gauge] [Power] [Load] [Series] [Suffix]
[W] [A] [P]  [E]WAP 4EW Means Broad Gauge i.e. the track width is 1.676mA Means this is AC powered locoP Stands for Passenger TrainStands for Model NoE Stands for Rectified loco
DIFFERENY TYPES OF ENGINES PRODUCED BY CLW1. WAG-92. WAP-73. WAP-5
3 Phase DriveSingle Phase/ DC Drive
Salient Details :-
Track Gauge - 1676mmTotal HP - 6000Starting Tractive effort - 460KN (47t)Max. Service Speed - 100 KMPHBreaking - Air, Regenerative & ParkingWheel Arrangement - Co-CoSystem Voltage - 25KV AC, 50 HzWeight of loco - 123t 1%Type Of Bogie - FabricatedWheel Dia. - 1092mmNo Of Traction Motor & Type - 6 No Type-FRA 6068Total Width Of Locomotive 3130mmMinimum Radius Curve Negotiable - 174m
02.WAP-7 Salient Details :-Track Gauge - 1676mmTotal HP - 6000Starting Tractive effort - 460KN (47t)Max. Speed - 140 KMPHBreaking Air Regenerative & Parking Wheel Arrangement - Co-CoSystem Voltage - 25KV AC, 50 Hz.Weight of loco -123t 1%Type Of Bogie - FabricatedWheel Dia. - 1092mmNo Of Traction Motor & Type - 6 No Type-FRA 6068Total Width Of Locomotive 3130mmMinimum Radius Curve Negotiable - 174m
03. WAP-5 Salient Details :-Track Gauge - 1676mmTotal HP - 5450Starting Tractive effort - 258KN Max. Service Speed - 160 KMPHBreaking - Air, Regenerative & ParkingWheel Arrangement - Bo-BoSystem Voltage - 25KV AC, 50 HzWeight of loco - 78t 1%Type Of Bogie - FabricatedWheel Dia. - 1092mmNo Of Traction Motor & Type - 4 No & Type- FXA 7059Total Width Of Locomotive 3130mmMinimum Radius Curve Negotiable - 174m
Salient Details :-
Track Gauge - 1676mmTotal HP - 5000Starting Tractive effort - 294KN (30t)Max. Service Speed - 140 KMPHBreaking Air & Hand BrakeWheel Arrangement - Co-CoSystem Voltage - 25KV AC, 50 HzWeight of loco 112.8t 1%Type Of Bogie - CastingWheel Dia. - 1092mmNo Of Traction Motor & Type - 6 No Type- HS-15250 AHTotal Width Of Locomotive 3050mmMinimum Radius Curve Negotiable - 174m
Salient Details :-
Track Gauge - 1676mmTotal HP - 5000Starting Tractive effort - 412KN (30t)Max. Service Speed - 140 KMPHBreaking Air & Hand BrakeWheel Arrangement - Co-CoSystem Voltage - 25KV AC, 50 HzWeight of loco 123t 1%Type Of Bogie - FabricatedWheel Dia. - 1092mmNo Of Traction Motor & Type - 6 No Type- HS-15250 AHTotal Width Of Locomotive 3055mmMinimum Radius Curve Negotiable - 174m
BRIEF SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT ITEMS USED IN 3-PHASE LOCO01. Main Transformer Function- To convert the overhead line voltage(25KV) to the lower operating voltage.
02. Power Converter Function- To convert single phase 25KV AC supply into 3-Phase AC with variable voltage and variable frequency and feed it to Traction motor.
03. Auxiliary Converter Function- To convert single phase 1000 volts supply (from auxiliary winding of main transformer ) into three phase 415 volts (variable voltage variable frequency) to different three phase auxiliaries.
04. Control Electronics Function- All the functions of the Locomotive are controlled by the Control Electronics .
05. Traction Motor Function- There are total 6 traction motors in WAG-9/WAP-7 loco .TM 1-2-3 are mounted in bogie -1 and are fed from Power Converter 1 where as TM 4-5-6 are fed from Power Converter -2. In case of WAP-5 Loco there are 4 Traction motors in which Power Converter -1 feeds to TM-1-2 and Power Converter 2 feeds power to TM-3-4. Traction Motors are asynchronous squirrel cage Induction Motor. Power converter providing the power sources.
06. Primary voltage transformer Function - Potential transformer situated on the loco roof reduces the Catenary voltage approx. 25 KV to 200 volts for metering purpose.
07. Surge Arrestor Function- It is for high voltage protection for the Locomotive situated on the roof of the Loco.
08. Pantograph Function- To collect the power from the overhead 25 KV supply to the Loco.
09. Vacuum Circuit Breaker Function- It is protective circuit breaker of Locomotive for any abnormal situation in the Loco and disconnects the loco from the supply.
10. Speedometer Function- For indicating speed of the Loco
11. Transformer oil pumpFunction- To circulate oil from Transformer to Oil Cooling unit and back
12. Converter oil pumpFunction- To pump to circulate oil from Converters to Oil Cooling unit and back.
13. Oil Cooling UnitFunction- For cooling Transformer oil and Power Converter Oil by taking air from air.
14. Temperature SensorFunction- For detecting temperature of Transformer oil (maximum allowable oil temperature is 150 degree Celsius).
15. Pressure SensorFunction- For detecting pressure of Transformer oil pump.
16. Machine room blowerFunction- To cool machine room( to keep temperature below 70 degree Celsius) by ducting and limit the temperature of control Electronics below 70 degree Celsius.
17. Machine room scavenge blower Function- To clean dust from air filters of Machine Room.