Dues: $15, Collected at the end of Today’s meeting
• Come to the front of the room
• Only ½ have paid, needed so we can order T-shirts and start having pizza parties.
Market Watch Game – 171 players
• First Prize - $100
• Second Prize - $50
• Third Prize - $25
Club Leadership Position
• If you are interested in becoming a Sector Leader, please come see me at the end of the meeting.
• Sectors include:• Financial
IBM Sold at 87.81
• 91.56, excellent earnings, suing Amazon over patent infringement.
Market Overview - DOW
• The Dow closed at 12,116.91 today setting a record for the highest close ever.
• Led by Walmart – Up 3.93% today– Plan to slow store growth
5-day DOW Performance
• Though OPEC's Friday decision to cut output by 1.2 million barrels a day, Analysts are skeptical that they will actually do this.
• 58.81 down .52
• Former Enron Chief sentenced to 24 years, 3 months in prison for accounting fraud.
• Will immediately go into hole confinement before he heads to prison in Ohio.
• Just 52 years old
• Ford Loss Widens to $5.8 Billion in 3Q due to massive restructuring charges.
• Third-quarter profit rose 15% but sharply reduced its forecast for the full year and said it expects a slowdown in 2007.
• Down - $9.51 or 12%• Cautioned that the weak residential housing market in the U.S.
and a dropoff in sales of truck engines will restrain revenue growth next year
• Revenues exceeded analyst estimates by 48% while EPS missed analyst estimates by 2.4%. • EPS increased 79.4% to $2.36. • Increase in capital expenditures led to a 6.2% fall in free cash flow to $1.1 billion.