CLEVER HOUSE Crude Palm Oil Production Project
Production Processes of Crude Palm Oil
The palm trees are the perennial oil plants which growing at tropical area, It has features of large capacity and low cost. The palm oil has been became one of the largest capacity edible oil in the world, it's widely used in food processing, cooking, biodiesel production, etc.
The followings are the introduction of crude palm oil production processes:
The fresh fruit bunches(FFB) will get into the fruiting period after growing three years. The FFB will be picked by farmer then transport to the crude palm oil production workshop, the they will be processed:
1. Weighting: The FFB gets into the factory through the weighbridge to weight the raw materials to calculate the production cost.
2. Unloading: the FFB will get through the slide ramp for screening to remove the impurities, then the FFB will get into the conveyor to be transported to sterilizing tank. The time from picking to sterilizing process shall not too long, because over 24 hours the free fatty acid(FFA) will rise which is not good for the following processing.
3. Sterilization: after getting into the sterilizing tank, the FFB will be cooked by high temperature, this section is the preparation for the following crafts.
4. Threshing: the FFB will be soften in the sterilizing process, then through the threshing and screening by the thresher, the palm fruits will separate with the empty fruit bunches.(EFB)
5. The EFB can be transported and stored for fuel or fertiliser.
6. Digesting: after the thresher, the palm fruits will get into this digester, it will stir and crush the palm fruits.
7. Pressing: the crushed fruits will be pressed in the oil presser through spirals.
8. Fiber Separation: the pressed cake fiber will be crushed then get into the winnowing system to separate the fiber and nut.
9. Sepration of Shell and Kernel: after separation from the nut, the nut will get into the cusher to be crushed into shell and kernel. Then the kernel and shell be be separated through winnowing and water washing system, the shell can be used as fuel for boiler, the kernel will be dried for stroage.
10. Oil Clarification:the crude oil(CPO) that after pressing has some content water and impurities, through the pretreatment of sand settling tank and vibrating screen, the crude oil will get into the vertical oil settling tank for heating, finally the crude oil will separated into clear oil and dirty oil. The clear oil will be dried then transported to oil storage tank, the dirty oil will get through sand settling system and certifuge for recycling.
11. Oil Transportation: manufacture the oil transporting pipelines according to the actual conditions.
12. Water Treatment: usually the source water will be lead into factory from the near river, then though primary clarification and filtration, the water will processed by osmotic and reverse osmosis treatment to rech the water standard for boiler.
13. Power System: the power is mainly offer by steam turbine generating unit, and also the diesel generating unit.
Palm Tree Production Index
CPO = 4-5t/Ha/year
CPKO = 1t/Ha/year
FFB = 1000-3000 Fruits
FFB = 10-25kg
FFB = 20%CPO 2%CPKO
Weight of a fruit = 8-13g
Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Production Craft
Effluent Weight bridge Loading ramp Steriliser
Used as fertiliser,
Grade 1 and 2 winnowing system
shell shell BIN
Kernel Washing System
wet kernel kernel
oil drier 2000T
Oil loading shed
Description of Main Section
As for the palm fruit unloading, cleaning, storage
platforms, all hydraulic segmented discharge. they
discharge fruits by all hydraulic type and sectional
Through strong vibration to seprate the fruits
from the fruit bunches.
Digesting Stir the fruit and cook again Pressing : Separate the fruit from nut and get
crude palm oil and nut. The presser adopts
double spiral hydraulic type discharing which
improve the production efficiency greatly.
Main Section Description
Sterilization: Using high temperature to soften the palm fruits and kill the bacterias(145 90-120 minutes), after this process the fruit will separate from the bunches
easily and also it will increase the moisture content of the
fruits, which will helpful for extracting the oil and
separate the shell and kernel easily. Also this process can
stop the decomposition of enzyme to avoid the rising of
free fatty acid.
Clarification: Separate the crude oil and sludge
to get content 90% oil. The oil from the presser
includes 45%-55% water, sludge and other
Purification: Oil purification process -
Drying: use the continuous vaccum drier to
remove the water, the water content can reduced
NUT & KERNEL
Depericarper Crushing Hydrocyclone Separator: Through floating dry
processing the fruit core and fibers
separated. Fiber and other lighter stuff
was blown appearance
Crushing (Crusher): stone cracked open
grain separation kernel and shell. In
Hydrocyclone, the use of kernel and
core-shell particle proportion to their
Power House (power house): the use of diesel
powered generators and turbine generators,
more environmentally friendly energy
production and electricity consumption to
Steam Boilers (Steam boiler):
has a strong output, high thermal
efficiency, stable and reliable operation,
overload capacity, fuel, wide applicability,
environmental protection and many other
RAW WATER SUPPLY:
Source water piping (RAW WATER
the use of remote substation
technology, more energy, improve
After settling, filtration, dosing and other
processes to ensure that the water
quality, but also to ensure oil quality.
2. Palm oil refining and fractionation
5kwh/t 0.05Kg/t 0.3%
Economic and technical indicators Bleaching section
Steam (8ATM) 20Kg / t oil
Electric 1.2-2kwh / t oil
Clay 5-30Kg / t oil, crude oil colors may be based
Refining consumption 24% * waste clay (dry basis)
Steam (8ATM) 45Kg / t oil
Power 12kwh / t oil
Diesel 3Kg / t oil
Circulating water system power consumption 5kwh / t oil
Citric acid 0.05Kg / t oil
Refining consumption 0.3%
Note: According to the technical features of normal
production process, steam-based
In the last between 40-120, electricity consumption is about
12-18 or so; specific
Circumstances determined according to the quality of crude
Plant size 18x42 m; covering about 25x50 meters, removing 13
Palm oil refining and fractionation process
Bleaching section: degumming oil deodorization oil after
preheating, heating into the premixing tank from clay, clay pot
through the metering device is added to the mix tank, mixing,
then the mixture of clay and oil into the decolorization reaction
decoloring tower, stay in the bleaching tower in about 30-60
minutes, the decolorization the pump into the Armagh filter,
will waste clay and oil separation, oil filter decolorization after
the removal of residual clay particle precision filter by first,
after entering the condensate tank to remove moisture and
volatile matter. The decolorization process temperature control
adjustable. Filtration system manual automatic oil inlet,
circulation, filtration, steamed cake, sl