Business AttireLito Hilario, Jacky Liu, Thomas Neptune, and Thanh Ta
Job Interview Attire for MenWhat to wear depends on the job. Always wear a suit that is appropriate.A white shirt is always appropriate, and a jacket and a coat is always appropriate. Make sure that the suit or jacket is well fitting, as well as the shirt.If it's a long sleeve shirt, make sure it doesn't appear to be too short. Pants same as above.Pay attention to your shoes. Shoes show how much you care about getting dressed.Are they well cared for? If they're loafers, are they shined?Small details communicate to the interviewerWhat type of a person you areHow much you value detailHow much emphasis you put into this particular interview.
Job Interview, ContdWear a suitNavy BlueBlackDark GreyTake a close look at the suit looking for:Frays Loose buttons Shine from being ironed too muchCheck the seat on the slacks, inner thighs, and the top of the thighs for frays and shine as well.Check your jacket and look at the lapels and shoulders for wear or shine.
Formal weddingsThe groom and groomsmen are usually dressed in tuxedos, but for formal or black tie events, the wedding guests may also be asked to dress in formal wear. Tuxedos are typically the only applicable men's attire for formal weddings. There is, however, quite a bit of variety in tuxedos. Black tuxedos are best for formal events, but you can choose whether to wear suit pants and a suit jacket, a 3-piece tuxedo with a vest or a tuxedo with a cummerbund. Similarly, you can choose whether to wear a bow tie or traditional necktie with a tuxedo.
Summer wearFor summer weddings, light-colored suits are very appropriate. A tan suit will look dressy but not too formal and will be more comfortable in warm weather, especially if the wedding is held outside. For summer weddings, and especially beach weddings, white suits always look good, and suits in lightweight materials, like linen and cotton, really help to keep you cool.
Fall and WinterFor the cooler months of the year, darker colors are best. This doesn't necessarily mean black suits are your only option, however. Deep charcoal, navy and even chestnut brown suits can look good as long as they suit the occasion. Heavier materials are best for fall and winter to keep you warm when there's a chill outside. Wool suits are most common, but other heavy materials are equally as appropriate.
This is the most conservative type of business wear. Its what youll be expected to wear in the office. Women should wear business suits or pants suit, or dress and jacket.
business casual is a shirt with a collar and/or a sweater, khakis or dress pants and nice shoes for women. Women can also sometimes wear a moderate length dress or skirt (knee length or longer).
You may be asked to wear campus casual to some very informal on-campus interviews and career days, and some casual networking events. In general, you will not be ask to wear this kind of style.
Business Attire Tips for Women
1. Wear clothes that fit wellToo loose sloppy and disheveled Too tight uncomfortable, inconvenient, sometimes inappropriate for a business place
2. Dont over packThere is no need to be a fashionistaIt is unlikely that some will notice youre wearing the same pants twice or three times throughout the weekIts better to invest your money on quality rather than quantity
3. Do wear colorNot too colorful, but enough to keep you from fading into the background
4. Dont over accessorizeThink simple, simple, simple.Little embellishment can boost confidenceBut you dont want accessories to get into your way or to distract others
5. Dont kill your feetHeels are painfulYou may have to move from place to place in a short amount of timeA nice pair of flats or a low heel will be fine