- Brief Notes on Editing Concepts. Objectives Explore editing vocabulary Differentiate editing for film versus editing for videotape Compare two basic
Brief Notes on Editing Concepts. Objectives Explore editing vocabulary Differentiate editing for film versus editing for videotape Compare two basic
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Brief Notes on Editing Concepts
- Slide 2
- Objectives Explore editing vocabulary Differentiate editing for film versus editing for videotape Compare two basic editing techniques Discuss video capture strategies
- Slide 3
- Splicing Is... The mechanical act of joining pieces of film. There is no real equivalent for videotape.
- Slide 4
- Editing Is... A specialty skill or occupation in video and film production. A process of assembling visual & aural elements into a creative product. A post-production process.
- Slide 5
- Remember... Every year the Motion Picture Academy awards an Oscar for editing in Film
- Slide 6
- But... that person did not write, produce, direct, shoot, and distribute that product!!!
- Slide 7
- Whats a Clip? A clip may be only video Or other compatible formats A clip may be only audio A clip may be both audio and video Video Audio Clip 1
- Slide 8
- Two Basic Edits for Video Assemble or Add-on Sequentially assembling clips in linear order Insert or Cover Overlaying one clip on top of another
- Slide 9
- Two Basic Edits for Video Clip 1Clip 2Clip 3 Assemble Edit Clips are assembled sequentially, or, a clip is added on to the end of the previous clip.
- Slide 10
- Two Basic Edits for Video Clip 1Clip 2 Clip 3 Insert Edit One clip is inserted or overlaid on others. Notice the new video clip only covers the picture without covering the audio. New Video
- Slide 11
- Clip Structure for Edits Clip 1 In PointOut Point Duration
- Slide 12
- Clip Structure for Edits Clip 1 In PointOut Point Duration XXXXXXXXXXXXX Excess Video & Audio
- Slide 13
- Capture Strategy Clip 1 In PointOut Point Duration Minimize the capture of excess clip material XXXXXXXX
- Slide 14
- Two Basic Edits for Video Clip 1Clip 2Clip 3 In Logically, the out point of a clip becomes the in point of the following clip. In/Out Out
- Slide 15
- Premiere 6.0 Timeline Set In & Out Point
- Slide 16
- An Editing Truth Video must be shot with editing in mind.
- Slide 17
- Mortensens Corollary You cant shoot with editing in mind if you have never edited before!!!
- Slide 18
- Mortensens Corollary Therefore, your first project is a giant learning experience.
- Slide 19
- Adobe Tutorials Look for tutorials on all the Adobe software packages below: Photoshop 7.0 Premiere 6.0 After Effects 5.5 Live Motion 2.0 http://www.adobe.com/education/training/main.html
- Slide 20
- Key Terms Splicing Editing Clip Duration Assemble Edit Insert Edit In Point Out Point Three point editing Capture Strategy
- Slide 21
- curriculum & content created by Dr. Mark Mortensen University of North Texas Copyright C. Mark Mortensen 2002