Blippy habit formation
Embed Size (px)
Text of Blippy habit formation
- 1. The newest addiction: Analysis of the persuasion factors behind the hottest new startup Yin Yin Wu Habits.stanford.edu
- 2. The question: How can blippy create a compelling experience that keeps users coming back? The behavior they want: Users to visit the site regularly
- 3. Whats Blippy? Blippy is an activity stream for your purchase where each purchase becomes a post. Users can comment on and like their friends purchases, or be tagged in specific items.
- 4. How does it work?
- Blippy encourages thousands of users to share their
1) Purchase an item 2) Instantly share with social network
- financial transactions by offering a compelling user
- 5. Behavior analysis Defining the habit
- 6. Blippys goal: encourage users to visit the site
- Green: Its a new site you want users to visit
- Path: Its a behavior you want people to continue from now on
- 7. Whats needed?
- 8. Achieving the simplest step
- How does Blippy encourage people to link their credit cards?
- Simplicity factor- very easy, allows you to link to existing accounts
- Trigger- reminder to share an account every time you login Blippy
- Missing factor: Motivation
- People are weary of sharing their purchasing history- how does Blippy encourage people to share?
- 9. Motivation: convincing users to link their credit card
- One to many: The few users that link their credit cards brings with them the curiosity of their entire social network.
- 10. Motivation: Curiosity
- Adaption through curiosity: While people dont initially link their credit cards, they can easily engage in the Blippy community by following the purchases of early adapters.
Hmmmso thats what he bought
- As more and more people join Blippy, sharing your information will become the mainstream option.
- 11. Its easy to join the community
- To build an active online community, Blippy only needs users to link their credit card or other online account.
Blippy works because the simplest step that matters is very easy. Interesting data is generated to build a social community with little effort from users
- Once the card is linked, every user becomes an active user with no extra effort.
- 12. Attachment to existing habit
Uses existing information to build a social network
- Blippy turns an existing behavior into a social behavior. It doesnt require users to actively create content.
- 13. Physical trigger
- Credit card with Blippy logo
- Allows user to choose the purchases to share: Hmmmperhaps I wont buy porn with the credit card linked to blippy
- Viral marketing approach- promotes Blippy to others: Whats this sticker?
- 14. Online trigger
- Front page with friends purchases- similar format to friend feed on facebook- a default page that allows you to see the activities of friends encourages you to engage more actively.
- Email reminders about updates- encourage returns to blippy
- 15. Combining the pieces
- Easy simplest step that matters + Physical trigger + Online reminders = addictive website