The Rosicrucian FellowshipMT. ECCLESIA
OCEANSIDE, CALIFORNIA, USA
THE ROSICRUCIAN FELLOWSHIP
All rights, including that of translation, reserved. Forpermission to copy or translate, application should be made
to the publisher.
Reprinted December 2000
THE ROSICRUCIAN FELLOWSHIPINTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
2222 MISSION AVENUEPO BOX 713
OCEANSIDE, CALIFORNIA, 92049-0713, USA
Telephone: (760) 757-6600Fax: (760) 721-3806
PRINTED IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICABY THE ROSICRUCIAN FELLOWSHIP
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM
CHARACTER and DESTINY
The system herein set forth is an analytical method ofreading the horoscope chart. It is developed along the linesindicated by Max Heindel in The Message Of The Stars,pages 405-408. It consists simply of combining thekeywords of the planets, signs, and houses to form key-phrases, key-sentences and key-paragraphs, then the finalsumming up of these to arrive at a composite judgment.
By this method anyone can read the message of a chartin a fairly intelligent manner. There has been an idea in thepast that a high degree of intuition was necessary beforeone could hope to do this. But this idea has largely beendisproved. Anyone who can combine simple elements andreason from cause to effect can combine the keywords in achart to ascertain at least the essential part of its message.Reference to dignities, exaltations, retrogradation,interception and other minor factors is omitted, as only theadvanced student needs to consider them.
STEPS IN READING AN ASPECT
Steps 1 to 9 inclusive are preliminary and analytical incharacter to show the student the reasoning which must bedone, consciously or subconsciously, before the summaryin step 10 is possible. With practice, however, students
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM2
will arrive at the point where they will be able to omit thefirst nine steps and give the net result of step 10 withoutthis preliminary work.
1. Determine the nature of the aspect, harmonious orinharmonious, in the one case indicating that goodjudgment is used and in the other case that the person goesto extremes in the activities indicated by the aspect.
2. Look up the keywords of the two planets enteringinto the aspect. There are three sets. The basic keywordsapply in all cases. The positive qualities are used inaddition to the basic keywords with harmonious aspects.The negative qualities are used in addition to the basickeywords with inharmonious aspects. The word negative"is here used to denote the results of these qualities ratherthan the qualities themselves.
3. Ascertain the keywords for the two signs containingthe two planets. The positive qualities of the sign are usedin addition to its basic keywords when the planet in it is ingood aspect. The negative qualities of the sign are usedwith the basic keywords when the planet is adverselyaspected.
4. Combine the keywords of each planet with thekeywords of the sign in which it is placed to determine thecorresponding type of character.
5. Combine the keywords of the two planets bythemselves, taking into account the aspect, harmonious orinharmonious, indicating whether the qualities of the twoplanets will work together or in opposition to each other,to determine the character as given by the aspect in theabstract.
6. Ascertain the keywords for the two housescontaining the two planets.
7. Combine the keywords of each planet with thekeywords of the house in which it is placed, leaving out of
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM 3
consideration temporarily the aspect in order to determinethe planetary influence in the house.
8. Consider the action of the affairs of one house uponthe affairs of the other as brought about by the aspectbetween the two planets, that is, a harmonious aspect willenable the affairs of one house to reinforce those of theother and an inharmonious aspect will cause the affairs ofone house to detract from those of the other.
9. Consider the reaction of the affairs of the second ofthe two houses upon those of the first, following themethod indicated in step 8.
10. Correlate and balance all the elements abovementioned into one composite judgment which willexpress in everyday language the net results without anyreference to aspects or other astrological elements.
11. When reading an entire horoscope, correlate andbalance similarly the effects of all the planets, their houseand sign positions, and their aspects.
(See page 12 for example of method of reading an aspect).
NATURE OF THE SIGNS
Cardinal Signs - Initiative, activity, action.Fixed Signs - Stability, persistence.Common Signs - Flexibility, adaptability.
Fire Signs - Spiritual power, impulse.Earth Signs - Materialism, practicality.Air Signs - Intellectuality, sociability.Water Signs - Spiritual and psychic qualities, emotion.
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM4
KEYWORDS OF THE SIGNS
Basic Self-esteem, initiative, pioneering.Pos Ambition, courage, enterprise.Neg Self-will, temper, brusqueness, overbearance.
Basic Determination, interest in mundane affairs.Pos Endurance, thoroughness, conservatism, patience.Neg Obstinacy, argumentativeness.
Basic Intellectuality, literary affairs, work with thehands, dualism.
Pos Versatility, curiosity.Neg Changeability, indecision, superficiality.
Basic Love of home, capacity for home building,tenacity, impressionability.
Pos Sympathy, sensitiveness, artistry.Neg Clannishness, timidity, restlessness, indolence.
Basic Vitality, authority.Pos Affection, nobility, generosity, loyalty, dignity,
leadership.Neg Arrogance, autocracy, cruelty, overbearing, vanity,
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM 5
Basic Service, mentality.Pos Discrimination, analysis, studiousness, hygienics,
purity.Neg Criticism, cynicism, introspection, fear of disease.
Basic Capacity for partnership, art.Pos Balance, justice, courtesy, artistic ability.Neg Indecision, lack of poise, emotional fluctuation.
Basic Secret forces of nature, sex, healing power, magic,military affairs, surgery.
Pos Regeneration, courage, resourcefulness, ability forsecret investigations.
Neg Discord, misuse of sex, passion, temper, jealousy,willfulness, vindictiveness, inability to let go.
Basic Aspiration, idealism, orthodox religion, law,philosophy.
Pos Generosity, love of outdoor life and athletics.Neg Over-confidence, dogmatism, fanaticism.
Basic Position, honors, ambition.Pos Justice, organization, caution, economy, authority.Neg Pride, suspicion, resentfulness, pessimism,
unforgiveness, justice without mercy.
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM6
Basic Humanitarianism, science, new systems,corporations, universality, universal friendship.
Pos Progressiveness, cooperation, diplomacy.Neg Impracticality, undervaluation of personal
Basic Sensitiveness to superphysical influences, sense ofunity with all life, mysticism, ripe destiny.
Pos Intuitiveness, inspiration, compassion,renunciation, sacrifice.
Neg Psychic negativeness, introspection, lack ofconfidence, secretiveness, sorrow, procrastination.
KEYWORDS OF THE PLANETS
Basic Individuality, what one really is, vitality, will,chief ambitions, those in authority, men.
Pos Generosity, dignity.Neg Despotism, arrogance, ostentation, lack of
ambition, animalistic qualities.
Basic Personality, imagination, instinctual mind,emotions, change, fecundation, the public, women.
Pos Positive psychic qualities, personal magnetism.Neg Negativeness, visionariness, dreaminess,
indecision, vacillation, frivolity, fretfulness,procrastination, incorrect impressions.
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM 7
Basic Reason, self-expression of all kinds, speaking,writing, gestures, knowledge through reason.
Pos Quick-wittedness, eloquence, literary ability,dexterity.
Neg Restlessness, gossip, profanity, demagogy, deceit,dishonesty, nervousness, worry, indecision,forgetfulness, clumsiness.
Basic Attraction, cohesion, coalition, personal love,social instincts and activities, art, ornamentation,beauty.
Pos Harmony, artistic ability, cheerfulness, suavity.Neg Sensuality, dissoluteness, vulgarity, sloth, laziness,
sentimentality, vanity, inconstancy.
Basic Dynamic energy.Pos Constructiveness, courage, enterprise, enthusiasm,
gallantry.Neg Combativeness, friction, temper, egotism, audacity,
destructiveness, passion, lustfulness, courseness,impulsiveness.
Basic Expansion, vision, optimism, ideation, orthodoxreligious tendencies.
Pos Benevolence, broad-mindedness, executive ability,legal ability, respect for law, charity, success,
ASTROLOGICAL KEYWORD SYSTEM8
reverence, conservatism, opulence, popularity,honor.
Neg Overconfidence, extravagance, indolence,prodigality, showiness, bombast, dissipation,sportiness, lawlessness, procrastination.
Basic Contraction, persistence, caution.Pos Faithfulness, stability, concentration, analysis,
system, building qualities, tact, diplomacy, justice,thrift, economy, deliberation, conservatism,endurance, discipl