Text of AC & VOR projects executed by Kubik 2005 - 2015
1. DELIVERING TURNKEY SETUPS ALL OVER THE WORLD
2. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CONTENT INTRODUCTION CASES AMERICAS CUP - PUMA BOATYARD AT THE AMERICAS CUP FINALS 2013 - ORACLE TEAM BASE AT THE AMERICAS CUP FINALS 2013 - AMERICAS CUP KIDS ZONE 2013 - EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND MERCHANDISE AREA 2013 - PUMA AMERICAS CUP STORE 2013 - PUMA AMERICAS CUP STORE AT THE WORLD SERIES 2012 - 2013 VOLVO OCEAN RACE -MAERSK - VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2014 - 2015 - TEAM ALVIMEDICA VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2014 - 2015 - CAMPER EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2011 2012 - PUMA OCEAN RACING VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2008 2009 & 2011 - 2012 - TEAM ABN AMRO IN THE VOLVO OCEAN RACE VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2005 2006
3. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 INTRODUCTION During the last four editions of the Volvo Ocean Race, the worlds premier and most challenging offshore ocean race, Kubik had the honor to accompany four teams in their marketing and communication activities: Team ABN AMRO, PUMA Ocean Racing, Camper and Team Alvimedica. The Kubik crew also delivered retail- and hospitality settings during the 34th edition of the Americas Cup, the oldest trophy in sport and most prestigious match race sailing competition. As a preferred supplier for Team ABN AMRO in the Volvo Ocean Race 2005 - 2006, we designed an extensive event- marketing guide, developed tailor-made office and port-branding programs and delivered a turnkey hospitality pavilion and merchandise shops at all the major stopovers of the ocean race for ABN AMRO. For PUMA Ocean Racing, Kubik was also appointed preferred supplier for the Volvo Ocean Race 2008 2009. Kubiks project management team acted as a consultant to advice PUMA about the logistical and operational challenges of the Volvo Ocean Race at the different stop-overs all over the world. As a logical continuation of this consulting role, Kubik was made responsible to handle the installation of both PUMA City and PUMAs mobile merchandise stores that were erected at the stop-overs during the race. Based on this experience, we also delivered the fine-tuned mobile hospitality and retail container settings for the 2011 2012 edition. A new challenge was offered to Kubik with the announcement of the participation CAMPER as main sponsor of Emirates Team New Zealand in their Volvo Ocean Race 2011 2012 campaign. We engineered, developed and built the first of its kind Camper pavilion made out of paper columns. This pavilion was designed by the world-famous architect Shigeru Ban was erected at stop-overs on four continents during the 2011 - 2012 edition of the race. Kubik designed and delivered five different settings during the 34th Americas Cup in San Francisco: the AC Kids Zone, an interactive sailing playground; the merchandise area for Emirates Team New Zealand; the Oracle Team USA Team Base; the PUMA Boat Yard and PUMA AC Store. And last but not least, Kubik delivered a Teambase for Alvimedica and a Hospitality pavillion for main sponsor MAERSK during the most recent edition of the Volvo Ocean race 2014 - 2015. Like the above described, all award-winning cases, Kubiks experience lies in transforming corporate messages into brand statements and environments. As an international experience-marketing agency, we design and produce sport marketing campaigns, retail programs, exhibits, internal branding projects and corporate environments. It would be a privilege for Kubik to work with any new team that participates in the upcoming Americas Cup. Based on our track record and hands-on, worldwide experience with the two most prestigious sailing races in the world, we believe we can help leverage your sailing campaign to a distinctive level, delivering an out-of-the-box experience, with passion and a personal and creative touch. TORONTO 1680 Mattawa Avenue Mississauga, Canada L4X 3A5 T: 905.272.2818 Toll Free: 1.877.252.2818 AMSTERDAM Plotterstraat 1 1033 RX Amsterdam tel +31 (0)20 581 30 30 fax +31 (0)20 581 30 31 firstname.lastname@example.org www.thinkubik.com NEW JERSEY 7000 Commerce Parkway Mount Laurel, USA 08054 T: 856.234.0052
4. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CASES PUMA BOAT YARD CHALLENGE How do you create an active meeting space where people could watch the Americas Cup races by day and party by night, promoting the Americas Cup, Team Oracle USA, and PUMA brands and sell merchandise in one, talk-of- the-town, location? The answer: PUMA Boat Yard! HIGHLIGHTS The impressive PUMA Boat Yard was erected at the entrance area of the AC Park and consists of ten connected 40 containers. It was installed by Kubik and houses the social Americas Cup and Oracle Team USA Store on the ground floor, with the popular PUMA Social Club and Bar upstairs. RESULTS The idea of hosting a big, urban party became the hit during the Summer of Sailing. It was the trendy hotpot for hipsters to watch the sail races and party in a true aprs-sailing style. This was accomplished by inviting the right DJs and decorating properlyincluding employing grati artists to decorate the interior walls of the bar/club space. AWARDS: BEST OUTDOOR ENVIRONMENT 2013
5. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CASES ORACLE TEAM BASE CHALLENGE The Boat Yard for Oracle Team USA during the Americas Cup was located on Pier 80 in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Yard consisted of a huge, fully equipped hangar were the spectacular AC72 Catamaran was built. Although the Team Base was gigantic, there was not much space left to receive the Oracle guest in a proper setting. The highly flexible container setting offered the perfect solution. HIGHLIGHTS Kubik constructed the dedicated hospitality area for Oracle Team USA alongside the waterfront at the Boat Yard. The event containers offered the right environment to host the corporate guest and the sailors and crew of Oracle Team USA. Three 40 containers were connected, with reception facilities on the ground floor and a bar and BBQ area on the covered lounge deck on the first floor. RESULTS After a guided tour in the Boat Yard, the corporate guests could see the AC72 boat and crew returning from their training session and racing matches on San Francisco Bay from the lounge deck. The Oracle Team Base turned out to be the ideal spot to celebrate the most spectacular comeback victories in the history of sailing.
6. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CASES EMIRATES TEAM NEW ZEALAND MERCHANDISE AREA CHALLENGE As one of the official challengers and finalist of the 34th Americas Cup, Emirates Team New Zealand needed a set- ting to introduce the team sponsors to the sailing fans at the AC Park on Pier 27/29 and offer a retail setting for their partners North Sails sports gear and Camper designer footwear. HIGHLIGHTS Kubik realized the public presentation of Emirates Team New Zealand, consisting of an interactive sailing simulator for Emirates and merchandise areas for the North Sails and Camper. With a mix of spectacular graphics and smart displays and fixtures, the promotion setting attracted a lot of interest of all the visitors of the AC Park. RESULTS The sailing simulator was the clear focus point for the team presentation. Visitors could sail the spectacular AC72 catamarans in a virtual reality sailing game. The sailing enthusiasts were eager clients to buy the official North Sails team gear and Camper sailing shoes of Emirates Team New Zealand.
7. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CASES AMERICAS CUP KIDS ZONE CHALLENGE Americas Cup Park, at Piers 27/29, is the newest free public access along San Franciscos Embarcadero and open daily during theSummer of Sailing. It hosts a wide range of activities for the fans of the Americas Cup and a view to the finish line of the AC Finals. Kubik was asked by the Americas Cup Event Authority to create an interactive playground for the youngest sailing fans when they visit the AC Park with their parents. HIGHLIGHTS Located in a former shipping warehouse, the AC Kids Zone was created, designed and executed by Kubik. Several interactive settings were created to teach children about the basic principles of sailing an a fun way. The Kids Zone featured theHoisting the Sailsgrinding challenge, thePicture Yourself on a AC72photo opportunity, the outdoor AC Sailing basinwith wind fans to sail model boats and the huge inflatableJumping on Boardcushion. RESULTS Over 1 million visitors were present at the official public sites in San Francisco at Americas Cup Park and Americas Cup Village. Hundreds of thousands visited the AC Kids Zone during the Summer of Sailing and due to the huge success a second inflatableJumping on Boardcushion was ordered to accommodate all the enthusiastic children.
8. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CASES PUMA AC STORE CHALLENGE The Americas Cup Village, located on Marina Green, provides spectacular views of the start line and the first marks of the AC racecourse. Kubik was asked to produce a pop-up store for PUMA to sell the official AC and Team USA Oracle Team gear in a fitting environment. HIGHLIGHTS In the merchandise zone of the AC Village, the Kubik crew erected the PUMA Store. The pop-up store was made out of the flexible PUMA event container system but extended to accommodate the huge crowds that came to see the Americas Cup races close to the shore. RESULTS The container concept proved again to be a success formula for PUMA Event Retail. The store offered the right mix of a typical PUMA setting with integrated cashier systems and storage area and of course the exible retail fixtures to generate record sales during the Americas Cup events.
9. SUBMITTED BY KUBIK B V, JUNE 2015 CASES MAERSK HOSPITALITY PAVILION CHALLENGE When the biggest container shipping company of the world asks you to develop a movable hospitality setting, the answer seems easy: just staple some of their containers. But at Kubik we thought that was too easy and we developed a concept with a twist: