7 Ways to Improve Your
1. Start The Day Before Reduce tomorrows stress by preparing yourself for tomorrow.
Things you can do:
1. Set aside your wardrobe for the next day
2. Mentally take yourself through the day
3. If you need to study, think about the times
during the day you will dedicate to each topic
4. Set goals for the major things you want to
accomplish the next day
5. Set aside items for breakfast (e.g. set up your
coffee machine, fill a bowl with dry oatmeal).
2. Sleep Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night
A Harvard study estimated that sleep deprivation
costs American companies $63.2 billion a year in lost productivity!
3. Create Limited To-Do Lists Before starting work, list out all of the major things you
want to get done that day (be realistic!)
List the time slots you want to allocate to each item
Tip: keep a small notebook to record things you need to do in a day, what you achieved that day, and things you need to carry over to the next day.
4. Do The Most Important Things First Doing the most important things first makes sure that you can end the day
feeling like youve accomplished a significant task.
It also allows you to fit in more during your day.
Watch this video on completing the BIG ROCKS first (link)
5. Dont Multitask Finish one task before beginning another.
An American study reported in the Journal Of Experimental Psychology found
that it took students far longer to solve complicated math problems when they had to switch to other tasks - in fact, they were up to 40% slower.
Switching tasks can make it more difficult to tune out distractions
6. Designate Time To Handle Emails Try checking your email before you work and reply only to those that are
urgent and need an immediate response
Allocate 15 minutes around midday and 15 minutes at the end of the day to respond to the other emails.
7. Disconnect The internet provides a constant stream of new distractions. Try working away
from the computer and the internet whenever you can.
Place your phone and laptop in a separate room or in your bag
If you need to use the computer or your phone, download an app that blocks certain sites at certain times of the day.
Slide Number 1Slide Number 2Slide Number 3Slide Number 4Slide Number 5Slide Number 6Slide Number 7Slide Number 8