TOP 10 MOST FAMOUS SEX ADDICTS
The question of whether or not sex addiction is a disease is a controversial one. One side claims it is a personality disorder. The other side asserts that it is nothing more than an excuse for the licentious to justify infidelity. Well let you decide which side you are on for these 10 famous self-confessed sex addicts.
10. David DuchovnyLife imitated art for David Duchovny, the Golden-Globe winning actor who played an over-sexed struggling writer on American TV show Californication. In 2008, he sought treatment for sex addiction.
By voluntarily checking himself into a sex rehabilitation program, he became known as one of the first celebrities to own up to sex addiction. That was not always the case though. In a 1997 interview with playgirl he said I am not a sex addict. I have never been to those meetings. Its hurtful to my family and if I was involved with a woman in a monogamous relationship, it would be hurtful to her. On a completely unrelated note, Duchovny was reported to have separated twice with ex-wife Tea Leoni before their divorce was finalized in 2014.
Should people start expecting a tell-all autobiography called The Sex Files?
9. Russell BrandRussell Brand is a British singer and actor who has long been known for his womanizing ways. He describes fame as a Willy Wonka ticket to a sex factory.
Brand won British tabloid The Suns Shagger of the Year award in 2006, 2007, and 2008. The award has since then been renamed The Russell Brand Shagger of the Year Award. In his 2009 memoir, My Booky Wook, Brand recounted how that he spent 30 in a rehab facility to treat his addiction to carnal overindulgences. He also explained how horrified he was to discover that the other residents were pedophiles and sexual offenders. In a 2010 interview with Playboy, he recounted hiring a team of people who were paid to find women for him to have sex with.
Brand was married to singer Katy Perry for 14 months before they divorced in 2012. Since then, he has been reported to use his stand-up routines to launch humiliating personal attacks on his ex-wife.
8. Tom SizemoreTom Sizemore is an actor who appeared in a number of successful films including Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, and Heat. His career took a downward spiral when his drug, alcohol and sex addiction forced him to seek treatment in a drug rehabilitation center in 2005.
Apparently the actor is suffering from a rare medical condition called priapism. It is a condition caused by excessive drug and alcohol consumption. Priapism causes a persistent and painful erection. His manager once claimed that the condition allows him to have sex up to 9 times without stopping. In various interviews, he candidly recounted his trysts with other celebrities like Elizabeth Hurley, Paris Hilton, and Heidi Fleiss.
In 2005, hours of footage of Sizemores sex scandal involving a hotel room, four girls and whipped appeared on the internet. The sad thing is that this is probably his most notable work since his career had been derailed.
7. Tiger WoodsProfessional golfer Tiger Woods had to fight for his both his career and marriage when a string of women came forward to reveal that he had sex with them.
When the news about Woods infidelity hit the public in late 2009, most people were incredulous. After all, this golfer maintained a squeaky clean image and was deemed as a role model. He had an enviable personal life, was happily married, and was a well-known philanthropist. Certainly no someone who sends naughty text messages and voicemails to his mistresses. In early 2010, Woods made a public statement, saying that he had undergone a therapy program to deal with his sex addiction. He apologetically stated, I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to.
Woods ended his five year marriage to Elin Nordegren in August 2010. Woods has since declared that for the rest of his life, he wouldnt be having sex with any woman. Unless he really, really loves them.
6. Wilt ChamberlainWilt Chamberlain had an illustrious career as a professional basketball player. He played for the Los Angeles Lakers, The Philadephia 76ers, and the Harlem Globetrotters. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1978. He has four regular-season MVP awards and is the holder of numerous official NBA records.
But his most noteworthy record is the one he holds off court. Chamberlain once publicly claimed that he slept with more than 20,000 women. Thats more than one different woman per day from the age of 15 up until the day he made this statement, at the rate of almost ten per week. Wilt defended this record by saying that he has never bedded a married woman, and was only doing what was natural- chasing good-looking ladies, wherever they were available. Such a high number does not come without its risks. Chamberlain admitted to having penicillin shots, presumably to treat syphilis.
As Seymour Golberg, his lawyer, succinctly puts it, Some people collect stamps. Wilt collected women.
5. Eliot SpitzerAs a lawyer, political commentator, and politician, Eliot Spitzer is no ordinary man. As the attorney-general of New York, he had publicly broken up rings of prostitution. He also signed a new anti-prostitution law that was considered as the toughest and most comprehensive anti-sex trade law in the USA. He also raised the penalties for patronizing a prostitute from a misdemeanor to up to a year in jail.
He promised to rid New York of corruption, but it appears now that he was part of it. He was caught in the middle of a giant prostitution scandal in 2008. It was discovered that, for several years, he had been cheating on his wife with very expensive call girls. The paper trail revealed that he spent up to 80,000 dollars over time. When he was caught, he had paid a prostitute name Ashley Dupr about 4,300 dollars for one night. After he was caught, he resigned and checked himself into a rehabilitation facility for sex addiction.
4. Fidel CastroThe Cuban revolutionary leader is known for many things. He was in power since the 1959 overthrow of dictator Fulgencio Batistas government. He only retired in 2010 due to ill-health.
Castros bedroom habits came to light in 2008 when Ian Halperins documentary was released. In it, a former official close to the ex-Cuban leader claims that Castro had sex with a staggering 35,000 women. Apparently a special security team would be assigned to scour Havanas beaches everyday to recruit the most attractive women. He added that Castro slept with two women daily for more than 4 decades. One for lunch and one for supper. Sometimes he even ordered one for breakfast. I dont think he would have stayed on as long as he did if not for all the incredible women he had access to as president.
Bedding women certainly seems to be one heck of a job bonus.
3. Charlie SheenCharlie was the highest paid actor on television, earning 1.8 million dollars per episode of Two and a Half Men. Then he had that meltdown.
Even though he has never admitted to being a sex addict himself, Sheens sexual proclivities became a matter of public record during the 1995 trial of Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss (yes, the same woman who had a relationship with Tom Sizemore). He testified that he had paid 53,000 dollars for the service of prostitutes. In 2010, he was arrested on charges of domestic violence. He has also admitted to engaging random and anonymous sexual partners, going to strip clubs and hiring prostitutes. Sheen also claims he slept with nearly 5,000 women.
For someone who claims that he is not a sex addict, that number sure is high.
2. Marquis de SadeMarquis de Sade was a French aristocrat, revolutionary, and writer. He was also a rapist, a pedophile and an eloquent, literary apologist for sexual cruelty.
Marquis de Sade became famous for his libertine sexuality and lifestyle. His erotic and borderline-pornographic novels contributed to the sex industry, leaving the world with the practice of sado-masochism. As a young man, he had many affairs with women, most of them prostitutes. Even after marriage, he rented out rooms to carry on his intense fantasies. His first offense happened when he wanted to incorporate crosses into a sexual act, and the prostitute involved told the police about the event. He committed sodomy with four prostitutes and his manservant. He was eventually banished in exile to Italy. While in prison, he produces 15 manuscripts. He was released during the French Revolution. When Bonaparte rose into power, he was put into an asylum where he had an affair with the 13-year old daughter of an employee.
The term Sadism is in fact derived from his name.
1. Giacomo Girolamo Casanova de SeingaltGiacomo Girolamo Casanova de Seingalt is quite possible the most famous womanizer of all time. He is an 18th century figure with a reputation for seducing women.
Casanova aimed to enter priesthood as a young man but was kicked out due to his lewd behavior. His path after that was tortuous. He served a Roman Catholic cardinal in Rome, became a violinist, became a Mason, traveled across Europe, became a magician, alchemist, and occultist. He was imprisoned but managed to escape. He became famous for penning a salacious biography. In this book, he narrated hanging out with luminaries like Voltaire, Mozart, and Beethoven.
A quick google search for his portraits would make anyone question why he is historys most renowned lover.
REFERENCES:LINK1: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/david-duchovny-tea-leoni-sex-addiction-blame-strife/story?id=13970246LINK2: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/29/us-duchovny-idUSN2835847820080829LINK3: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-493262/Russell-Brand-I-went-rehab-treat-sex-addiction.htmlLINK4: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2384829/Russell-Brand-jokes-think-women-love-Katy-Perry.htmlLINK5: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sizemore-hooked-on-sex-553594LINK6: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/tom-sizemore-recounts-fame-battle-sobriety-memoir-article-1.1290899LINK7: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/tiger-woods-sex-scandal-golfer-treated-sex-addiction-mississippi-rehab-author-article-1.458887LINK8: http://nypost.com/2012/03/18/tigers-takeaway-from-sex-addiction-rehab-book/LINK9: http://articles.philly.com/1999-10-14/news/25506459_1_chamberlain-odds-marriageLINK10: http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/12/spitzer-addictive-behavior-oped-cx_dpb_0312addictive.htmlLINK11: http://ianundercover.com/2008/09/15/iuc-exclusive-aide-says-castro-slept-with-at-least-35000-women-15k-more-than-wilt-chamberlain/LINK12: www.foxnews.com/health/2011/01/28/charlie-sheen-abuse/LINK13: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/marquis-de-sade-rebel-pervert-rapisthero-9862270.htmlLINK14: http://www.biography.com/people/marquis-de-sade-9469078LINK15: http://www.biography.com/people/giovanni-giacomo-casanova-38011