 Mobile application finds nearby concerts based on the music on a user’s phone.  Geolocation service  Syncs music from music library  Allows users

Embed Size (px)

Text of  Mobile application finds nearby concerts based on the music on a user’s phone.  Geolocation...

  • Mobile application finds nearby concerts based on the music on a users phone.Geolocation service Syncs music from music libraryAllows users to track favorite artists

  • To determine the ease of use of the Songkick mobile applicationTo determine the navigability of the Songkick mobile applicationTo determine if familiarity with other music/ticket purchasing applications affected their use of SongkickTo see if users who used Songkick would continue to use the application in the future

  • Imagine you are a student and are looking for a concert close to Elon. Use the app to find a concert for your favorite band in the local area.Imagine you are going to Chicago over Christmas break and have a $50 budget to pay for a ticket. Find a concert you would like to attend.Imagine you are a student and are looking for concerts in the next few months to attend. Find one and save it for future consideration.

  • Many users arent keeping music on their phone, instead opting for services like Spotify.It is equally difficult for users to find concerts, ticket prices, or musicians, regardless of location.Likert Scale: 90% of users rated Songkick favorably (remaining 10% rated as neutral)40% of users said they would not keep the application on their mobile device.

  • I wish I could adjust the dates for the main page when it pulls up the artist you like.Adding another location is not very intuitive, and finding tickets in a particular price range was difficult.A lot of the recommended artists were people I didnt know.I wish there was a way to filter bands I like and location at the same time.

  • In the future, we would:Get a different variety users for testBreak users down into sub-categories/more diversityHave different tasks for users to completeEx: track an artistSearch for concerts by artistObserve the users actions in greater depthUtilize tracking softwareTime each taskEncourage users to speak out loud more