20. Organising features can be powerful and effective
21. CONSUMER UPTAKE THROUGH THE LIFECYCLE POWER USER & ADVOCATE EXPLORATION &EXTENDED USE TRIAL & REPEAT FIRST TIME USER ONLINE PLAN BOOK BEFORE YOU FLY AFTER YOUR TRIP Voyager (awards) Save itinerary Specials, tour and packages Create itinerary Hotel Car Book with miles Book with miles Book Seat and meal Self service baggage check in Self service check in Review miles Respond to Voyager specials Redeem Miles Join Voyager Unmanaged business Manage my booking (partial) Manage my booking (Full) Online check in Voyager (upgrade) Voyager (awards) Dynamic packaging E-ticket Advocacy Miles for friends AT THE AIRPORT
22. HOME | ABOUT SAA | DIVISIONS > CHANGE LANGUAGE/REGION Book with miles > where can I go? > Calculator > Update your details PLAN AN ITINERARY Select a destination: London Tours & packages Care hire Accommodation SEARCH Or Get ideas based on your budget R GO > Have you thought about? Join Voyager | Plan an Itinerary | Ideas based on your budget 1. 2. 3. 3. & 4. 1. First time user 2. Trial and repeat use 3. Exploration & extended use 4. Power user & advocate
23. This is all good. We are moving beyond features to experience. Were starting to look at: the spaces between features and the kinds of connections that exist between features and the systems in which they operate (those internal and external to the service provider)
24. But how do we start to unpack what experience is?
32. What is your history? What are your politics? What are your economics? What is your culture? What kind of society would you like to live in? What is your context of use? Are you an early, mid or late adopter? Are you hands-on, disconnected or impulsive? What are your routines? What do you hold dear? What do you hate in other people? What makes you envious? What did you believe differently as a child? What do you turn to in despair? What makes you dance spontaneously? How do you like architecture to make you feel? What do you base your judgements of others on? What would you write a book about? What kind of personae are you? How is this different to other people?
33. Develop an intuition for recognising when simple things are simple and when they are hiding complexity.
34. CODEFIDELITY GRAPHICAL FIDELITY
35. CODEFIDELITY GRAPHICAL FIDELITY
36. CODEFIDELITY GRAPHICAL FIDELITY
37. CODEFIDELITY GRAPHICAL FIDELITY
38. CODEFIDELITY GRAPHICAL FIDELITY
39. Our interpretation of findings from testing is limited by our sensitivity to people, diversity and our own imagination
40. 1 + 1 = 3
41. The art of UX is pulling all these threads together and crafting it into something special.
42. The art of UX is pulling all these threads together and crafting it into something special. The journey from features to experiences.