Text of Bright Funds - Giving Motivation Experience Student Project
1. G I V I N G M O T I VA T I O N E X P E R I E N C E RICH FULLER TASNEEM DALAL
2. Giving Motivation Experience The challenge: To make people donate periodically to causes they believe in. The solution: The Bright Funds giving motivation experience is a package of additions to the current Bright Funds platform to motivate users to make donations on a regular basis. It takes advantage of corporate competitive crowdfunding using incentives and social integration to encourage employee engagement.
3. P L A N N I N G
4. User Research
5. User Research Key Findings Method: Online survey + in person interview = 65 people Evidence of donation impact Social factors Direct Impact. Incentives. Tax benets Salary percentage Emotional Current world events Specic cause Company matching Religion Opportunities Identied: Of the 60 people interviewed only one person did not donate. People donated based on various rationals but very few donated or allocated money for donation spread over a 12 month period.
6. User Research & Affinity map
7. Principles 5 key principles: Incentives/ what do I get out of it/ Direct Impact? Evidence of donation impact. Social recognition. Emotional connection. Pragmatic approach. Motivation strategy approaches: Lucky - make people realize how fortunate they are comparatively Give up - if youre doing something everyday, give up one day and donate that amount In addition to - instead of giving something up, donate one days worth Group involvement - Working together as a group to have a greater impact Incentives - give to get. Whats in it for the individual. Company incentives. Corporate Competitive Crowdfunding - gamication and social media to boost employee engagement
8. Competitive Analysis Omaze Kiva Global Rich List Strategy: online charity rae for a chance to meet a celebrity or go behind scenes on a show. Strategy: micronance Strategy: Income calculator Giving what we can Strategy: Income calculator Instead Strategy: Micro donation = macro impact. Give up something small and donate that amount. Rich list, UK Strategy: Income calculator. Make people realize how a small amount can make a dierence.
9. Competitive Analysis Microsoft Strategy: 65% employees are involved in the community. Benevity Strategy: A for prot company which helps companies to make a dierence while achieving greater business impacts from their cause. Truist Strategy: customizable web based corporate philantrophy platform. Further Reading... http://www.triplepundit.com/2013/07/unrealized-potentialworkplace-giving/ http://givingpartner.charity.org/sites/default/les/documents/ Campaign%20Manager%20Best%20Practices%20in%20WPG %20FINAL.pdf http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/ SB10001424127887324009304579041231971683854 http://nonprot.about.com/od/fundraising/fr/The-Science-OfGiving-A-Review.htm http://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-sector-network/2013/feb/ 06/charities-encourage-giving JK Group Causecast Strategy: Provides services for corporate social responsibility Strategy: Competitive corporate crowdfunding http://freakonomics.com/2013/10/10/how-to-raise-money-withoutkilling-a-kitten-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/ http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/08/23/214210692/thecharity-that-just-gives-money-to-poor-people
10. Personas Allen Turner I might give if there are practical reasons like company matching, incentives and tax benets. Motivations: simple living, practical and analytical approach to life decisions enjoys spending some money on technical gadgets, car, gaming and computer equipment Age: 25 Marital Status: Single Company: Zen Payroll Job: Software engineer, $120 K Drivers: emotional Allen is a software engineer at LinkedIn with some disposable income. His workplace recently signed up with Bright funds and an account has been set up for him. He opens his account and is willing to donate since his company supports some organizations and matches the donation amount. Pain points: practical Has no idea where his money is going and how its allocated Lack of trust in charitable organizations and how theyll use the money No knowledge about company matching policy and tax benets idealist pragmatic Whats in it for me?
11. Personas Jennifer Stevens I want the world to be a better place for my kids so Id give to causes I connect with emotionally. Motivations: connecting with people socially spending time with family Age: 34 28 - Male - Sof tware Married with two kidsDeveloper Company: Genentech Job: Sales Rep, $140 K Drivers: Jennifer is a mother of two and started her new job recently with Genentech as a sales rep. She donates 3-6 times a year to support her friends and family for specic causes such as breast cancer and speech Apraxia which she has an emotional connection to. Genentech has an account with Bright funds where she can support a diverse group of highly eective nonprots where she can keep track of her donations and be consistent. Pain points: emotional practical Not motivated to give if she cannot see the impact of her donation Wants to make a dierence but isnt sure her amount will have an impact idealist pragmatic Is motivated to give but wants to get others involved, make it social
12. D E S I G N S P E C I F I C A T I O N
13. Concept Model
14. User flow Company signup Create incentives Individual prole Incentives information Company giving stats Employee signup Onboarding experience
15. Site Map DASHBOARD WORKPLACE GIVING PERSONAL GIVING EMPLOYEE/ PERSONAL PROFILE COMPANY PROFILE DONATE STRATEGY YOUR IMPACT ADMIN SETUP YOUR FUNDS YOUR ORGANIZATIONS FIND CAUSES AND ORGANIZATIONS RECORD OUTSIDE GIVING INVESTMENT AND TAX HISTORY RECURRING PAYMENT SETUP CONTACT US YOUR WORKPLACE STATS COMPANY INCENTIVES GIVING AND VOLUNTEER INCENTIVES FUNDRAISING CHALLENGE EXISTING PAGES OF WEBSITE NEW PAGES ADDED TO WEBSITE
16. Design Iteration
17. User Testing Method: Early paper prototype testing to validate concept, and low delity prototype testing. Usability Findings -Interactive map interaction improvements -CTAs for donating and joining challenges could stand out more visually Opportunities Identied: -Users wanted to see more location data of their donation impact -More evidence of company collaboration in various sections -Social [pressure] to encourage engagement
18. Key Screens 1 http://share.axure.com/ODZ8OA 2 1 Company branding addition 2 CTA with company matching reminder. 3 Navigation sections 4 Interactive global reach map 3 4
19. Key Screens http://share.axure.com/ODZ8OA 1 Company statistics 2 3 Global Reach for company 4