Steve Gogolak's presentation from Virtual Edge 2010
Text of Virtual Event Platforms are not Virtual Events
1. Virtual Event Platforms are not Virtual Events Developing a complete attendee experience for online events
2. @sgogolak www.aWiderNet.com
3. In-Source Model
7. Technology does not define purpose it enables it.
8. What is the purpose of your event?
13. How do you know if you were successful?
16. Measure what you think success looks like
18. Goals leading to problems:
23. Problems: Pre-Event Generate awareness Increase conversion (registration) Increase attendance During the Event Deliver compelling content (provide real value) Quantify attendee engagement Define lead quality Post-Event Follow up with the leads (and repeat process during on-demand period)
25. Attendee Centered Event Strategy
27. Conversion Hurdles
31. Pre-Event Conversion Hurdles
32. Pre- Event Conversion Hurdles
34. The first email sets the tone for the entire event. Dont blow it!
35. Month 0 Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Month 4 1-DAY LIVE EVENT Month 5 EVENT MICROSITE IS LIVE ON-DEMANDVIRTUAL EVENT MICROSITE DEVELOPMENT CONTENT PRODUCTION CONTENT PRE-PRODUCTION CONTENT LOADING STRATEGY Promotion POST EVENT TEASER TEASER 1 16 WEEKS LIVE Building out a timeline
36. Touchpoint Touchpoint is the interface of a product a service or a brand with customers, non-customers, employees and other stakeholders before, during and after a transaction respectively a purchase. Source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchpoint)
39. Pre-Event What are the touchpoints that kick off your event?
40. Plan here Develop content here Month 0 Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Month 4 1-DAY LIVE EVENT Month 5 EVENT MICROSITE IS LIVE ON-DEMANDVIRTUAL EVENT MICROSITE DEVELOPMENT CONTENT PRODUCTION CONTENT PRE-PRODUCTION CONTENT LOADING STRATEGY Promotion POST EVENT TEASER TEASER 1 16 WEEKS LIVE Building out a timeline
41. Email Conversion Hurdles
42. Is this worth my time?
43. Video Call-to-Action = 5x Conv. Rate
44. Why is the conversion rate higher? Clear offer watch this video, determine if its worth your time Value is demonstrated Why you should attend Experts you will hear from What you will learn Expectations are set Prospect has invested time and feels rewarded If the conference provides value the way the video did, it must be worth attending.
45. Video Call-to-Action Scenario: Email sent to 10,000 addresses Normal 2% response = 200 registrants Video CTA 10% = 1,000 registrants