1. Strengthening the Church Comunicacin y Gerencia Studies in the letter to the Ephesians January 1 st , 2005
2. Lesson #6 Finding Strength in Walking
3. Finding Strength in Walking Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Ephesians 5:1-2 ESV; emphasis mine) Memory Verse For Lesson #6
4. Finding Strength in Walking Walk in Love
They are motivated to walk in love because of Christs sacrifice. (Ephesians 5:2)
To become an imitator they must put away fleshly things. (Ephesians 5:3-6)
5. Finding Strength in Walking Walk as Children of Light
Therefore do not associate with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true)
(Ephesians 5:7-9, ESV)
6. Finding Strength in Walking Walk Circumspectly
To walk circumspectly means to walk carefully.
Why does Paul want them to walk wisely?
They can most the most of their time. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
Wisdom is the principle thing. (Proverbs 4:7)
Wisdom is more valuable than gold. (Proverbs 16:16)
It will bring them into a different lifestyle. (Ephesians 5:18-21)
7. Finding Strength in Walking How can you walk the Ephesian walk?
#1 Strive to imitators of God
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)
Note 1 Corinthians 4:16
8. Finding Strength in Walking How can you walk the Ephesians walk?
#2 Remain in the light:
This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
(1 John 1:5-7, ESV)
9. Finding Strength in Walking
#3 Make wisdom a priority:
Wisdoms benefits are many (Proverbs 4:5-10)
Wisdom keeps you from evil. (Proverbs 5:1-2)
Wisdom changes life. (James 3:17)
How can you walk the Ephesians walk?
10. Comunicacin y Gerencia Studies in the letter to the Ephesians Strengthening the Church Next Week: Gods Plan of Obedience