1. Search MarketingTips and Tricks NEAWP April 2010
2. Collaborative. Smart. Measured.
4. Marketing 2.0 Funnel Awareness Advertising Search, PPC Public relations Lists LinkedIn Interest Evaluation Trade Shows Videos Twitter Direct mail Blog RSS Preference Webcasts Seminars White papers Sales visits eCommerce Purchase Conferences, special events Customer resources E-Newsletter Referral Training
5. Search MarketingGenerate awareness, pull visitors in Constantly strive to improve natural relevancy Supplement with pay-per-click Natural PPC
6. Natural Search
7. Steps to Improve Natural Search Optimize website Fresh Content Metatags Pages/sections dedicated to major target audiences Include address, register with Google
8. Page Titles and Metatags
9. Sections Dedicated to Key Areas
10. Why Blog?
Provide valuable, timely information
11. Easy to post content
12. Fresh content = Better SEO
13. Blog feeds to social media, other sites
14. Another outlet for content
15. Positions you as industry expert
Steps to Improve Natural Search Optimize website Metatags Pages/sections dedicated to major target audiences Include address, register with Google Fresh content Maximize inbound links from 3rd party sites Lists Associations/publications Vendors Partners Blogs
16. Where is my traffic coming from?
17. Lists to Consider Dmoz Dir.yahoo Just click local Merchant Circle Area Guides Yellow Pages Yelp City Search Angies List Business Journal Manta Black Business Planet Business Mart The City of x Super Pages
18. Social Media Awesome Communication Tool or Time Drain?
19. Auto-Blog Feed
20. Auto-Blog Feed
21. LinkedIn Best Practices 1. Headline -- Be descriptive! Pack your headline full of descriptive words that will help people find you. Having Financial advisor at a lame old company doesnt cut it. Instead write something more interesting like Money Making Expert: Helping Individuals Become Financially Free. 2. Customize your URL with your name! LinkedIn provides you with a generic URL of numbers and letters. By customizing it to your own name, you brand yourself and also bump yourself or your company up on search results. You can also add this to your email signature. 3. Picture.Let people associate your face with who you are. By putting up a photo, you humanize your LinkedIn profile and let people know that theres a real person behind the profile. 4. Websites.When adding your websites, always click Other so you can customize the title of your links. You want to describe the actual URL. 5. Summary and Specialties.These are easy to skip over, but theyre very important. In the Summary, tell people a bit about who you are and what you are passionate about. Instead of the real world resume, you can be a little more personal on LinkedIn and it actually benefits to your cause.
22. Is your Website Optimized? Free resource:Webgrader by Hubspot
23. Paid Search Advertising(a.k.a. PPCpay per click)
24. Why Paid Search? High level of control and security Maximum accountability Cost-effective lead generator PPC method results in greater ROI Weigh budget according to objectives Instant Gratification Daily reporting Real-time optimization
25. Search Engine Market Share As of Aug. 2009: 65%Google 16%Yahoo 11%Bing
26. 5 Steps for Search Advertising Success
27. Search Advertising Example Valve Test Stand
30. Valve Test Stand
31. Measuring success:
Analyze reports frequently
32. Test, monitor, tweak
Search MarketingGenerate awareness, pull visitors in Constantly strive to improve natural relevancy Supplement with pay-per-click Natural PPC