from Mohamed Abdel Hadi, Torsten Kessler; Chrisitoph Kessler; Victor Saiz Castillo SAP Consulting Germany Peter.Scheffelt@sap..com
1. SAP BI 4.X Commentary Solution Christoph Kretner Solution Owner Victor Saiz Castillo Frontend Specialist Marcin Chmiel Backend Specialist
2. W E L C O M E
3. Topics for today Why commenting? speed up your processes How to comment? add meaning to your reporting One Solution! introducing the SAP BO Commentary Solution Have a Look! application functionality, frontend integration Not enough? handling your own logic
4. WH Y C OMM E N T I N G ?
5. Comments add a message to your data 1 analyzes the raw data Business Analyst 2 adds a comment explaining the current figures 3 reviews data and comment BU Manager 4 releases or rejects the report and comment 5 consumes data and additional information for quick decisions BA Manager 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. EVA Tree Raw Material prices Net working capital 5
6. H OW TO C OMM E N T ?
7. There are different levels of comments start making use of them comment on report or keyfigure level comment on detail or line level use comments for differnet purposes as summaries, tasks / todos, notes for the next processor or final remarks 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 7
8. ONE SO L UT I ON !
9. The SAP BO commentary solution is all you need consume comments across all SAP BusinessObjects solutions Dashboard Design / Xcelsius Crystal Reports Web Intelligence Design Studio Analysis for Office SAP BEx store comments at any level of detail Report, Line, Key Figure, Characteristic, Hierarchy Nodes or combination of those create comments directly from within the report workflow guided commenting process use plain text or formatted comments with unlimited length* have one central solution for managing comments in SAP BW (single point of truth and single point of entry) * some restrictions apply depending on client 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 9
10. This is how it works overall architecture of the SAP BO commentary solution SAP BO Tools Presentation Layer Dashboard Design Studio Analysis for Office Application Crystal Reports Web Intelligence Commentary Framework Framework Read Interface Write Interface Services SAP BEx Interface Services Document Management Authorization Document History (Change-Log) Period-Locking Document Repository 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. SAP NW Document Repository Customer specific Document Repository Workflow General Services 10
11. HAV E L OOK ! A
12. The commenting application is your main point of entry built in document workflow comment any combination of values on any level use SAP standard authorizations and roles additional information for administrators tracking document history 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. formatted text with unlimited length 12
13. Grant access via SAP authorizations and roles consumes comments with the report in different ways e.g. enduser in that area Reader creates and changes comments within his responsibility e.g. profit center controller Editor reviews and releases saved comments e.g. profit center parent node controller optional: separate role for unreleasing (e.g. his/her manager) Reviewer Period Admin handles period locking e.g. chief controller optional: separate role for re-opening closed periods (e.g. his/her manager) maintains the commentary application takes care of customizing the application e.g. solution responsible IT Administrator 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 13
14. Use workflow functionality for your commenting process 1 2 Reader consume Editor New Reviewer Saved save release Released unrelease New comment has been created by editor Saved comment is still changable, visible only to editors Released comment is locked against changes, visible to consumers can be unreleased only by authorized persons (not necessarily same as reviewer) 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 14
15. Set standards with commentary templates create your own templates for recurring tasks use previous periods comment as template use different templates for different reporting scenarios 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 15
16. Secure reported information against changes lock closed periods at any level and for any combination of objects you dont even need a time characeristic period open period locked 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. create and change comments comments cannot be changed any more 16
17. Do it with Design Studio! The new standard for web based reporting and dashboarding direct link to commenting application 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 17
18. Do it with Analysis for Office! capture your comments in Analysis for Office get the new ribbon for the SAP BO commentary solution create and change your comments with Excel standard functionality and manage them with the SAP BO commentary solution Consume your comments either via Excels standard functionality or show them in cells of the resultset 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 18
19. Do it with Dashboard Design! your tool of choice for highly interactive reporting show comments on any level anywhere in the dashboard show status of comment create and change your comments directly within the dashboard (optionally) 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 19
20. Do it with Web Intelligence! on desktop or mobile direct link to commenting application For desktop or mobile consumption 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 20
21. Do it with Crystal Reports! for highly formatted reporting or scheduled reporting books direct link to commenting application show the status of a comment comment on any level of detail 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 21
22. NOT ENOUGH ?
23. Enhance the application with your own logic! if you have special requests the customizing options allow you to align the application to the your system specification, e.g. naming conventions. for maximum flexibility the application offers additional enhancement spots for your own customer specific coding. There is a BAdI definition for example that allows you to implement or reuse your own period locking logic without having deep knowledge of the solutions standard logic 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 23
24. T E CHN I CA L S TU F F
25. Technical Information prerequisites Netweaver: BW 7.0 recommended additional features with BW 7.4 BI: BI 4.0 recommended Enhanced Universe and Crystal Reports Enterprise support with BI 4.1 Some restrictions with 3.x Design Studio 1.2 recommended Some restrictions (formatting) with 1.1 2013 SAP AG. All rights reserved. 25
26. For more Information Christoph Kretner Solution Owner firstname.lastname@example.org Victor Saiz Castillo Solution Specialist email@example.com