Model of Innovative Technology Development and Training - Centre of Expertise progman in Finland and Tampere and case examples of our work
- 1.Intelligent Machines Cluster Programme - examples of cooperation between education and business in Finland Timo Rainio Hermia Ltd.
2. Hermia - Interfacing the Future
- Hermia Ltd strengthens thegrowth, development and competitivenessof technology companies.
- The company prepares, coordinates and implements developmentprojectsin cooperation with companies, universities and research institutions and builds national and international networks for the development of leading-edge expertise.
- The company promotes thedevelopment of the business environments, networkingand competitiveness of technology-based companies.
- Hermia Ltd is responsible for the coordination of the Tampere Region Centre of Expertise Programme and, in 2007-2013, for the implementation of Centres of Expertise in five fields.
3. Skills and Expertise Development in Finland 4. Centre of Expertise Programme
- The purpose of the Finnish Governments Centre of Expertise Programmeis to utilise top level knowledge and expertise as a resource for business operations, job creation and regional development
- The programme is founded on the utilization of regional expertise which is of an internationally high standard.
- The national programme is implemented by 13 nationally significant expertise clusters and 21 centres of expertise in different regions.
- The Tampere Region Centre of Expertise Programme coordinated by Hermia Ltd is one of 21 centres of expertise in Finland.
- The Tampere Region Centre of Expertise Programme is a participant in seven expertise clusters. Hermia Ltd has been implementing the national Centre of Expertise Programme in the central Tampere Region since 1995.
- The Centre of Expertise Programmes national website www.oske.net
- Hermia participates in five clusters
- The Tampere Region Centre of Expertise has been expanded to cover seven fields of expertise for the years 2007-2013.
- The centres of expertise receive half of their basic funding from the state and half from cities and municipalities. The main part of their volume is constituted by the projects they launch.
- The expertise clusters in the central Tampere Region during the centre of expertise period are:
- Intelligent Machines (National coordination)
- Ubiquitous Computing (National coordination)
- and those implemented by Finn-Medi Research Ltd are
5. National level cooperaration 6. Intelligent Machines - Why ?(in Finland and Tampere) 7. Tampere Was Establishedin1779 Between Two Lakes Tampereen kaupunkimittausyksikk 2001Nsijrvi Pyhjrvi 18 meters difference:Tammerkoski Rapids 8. Got Its Power from Tammerkoski Rapids 9. Tampere High Tech History1911 1. attempt to fly1911 1. mechanical clothing factory- Pukutehdas 1916 1. electric melting furnace- Lokomo1921 1. enterprise in plastic industry - Sarvis 1923 1. radio broadcasting 1909 The largest tapestry factory in Nordic Countries - Winter 1837 1. multi-storey factory building + steel pillars - Finlayson 1843 1. paper machine - Frenckell 1875 1. shoe factory - Aaltonen 1878 2. phone connection(1. in Helsinki 1877) 1882 1. electric light (in Nothern Europe)- Edison generator number 3 1888 1. street lights - 30 arc lamps 1908 1. automatic weaving machines in Finland - Tampereen puuvillatehdas 1959 1. on machine covering for paper 1821 Finlayson factory activities start IN FINLAND IN FINLAND 1929 Gold metal for Lokomo of chrome steel anvils in world exhibition in Barcelona 1779 City of Tampere is founded , rights for free trade 10. Achievements of Information and communication technology 12.09.09 First in the world 11. 12.09.09
- Cargotec / Kalmar Industries over 50%container handling machinery
- Sandvik Mining and Costruction 35% mining and construction
- Metso Automation over 15% automation for process industry
- Metso Minerals 15% mobile rock crushers
- Metso Power 1050 % Boilers
- PCE-engineering 70 % Hollow core slab machinery
- Glaston over 70% safety glass machinery(architecturaland automotive)
- John Deere Forestry / Timberjack 30% forest machinery
- Bronto Skylift over 60% fire and rescue platforms
- Fastems 70% multilevel FMS
- Ata Gears 50% gears for marine applications
- Gardner Denver 30 % ship compressors(Tamrotor)
- Avant Tecno 40% mini loaders(max. one ton)
Global market leadersin the Tampere Region Global Market Share 12. Sandvik Mining and Construction 13. Kalmar Industries 14. John Deere, Timberjack 15. Avant Techno 16. Glaston 17. Fastems 18. But How ? by working together with Industry, Development Organizations, Universities and Education 19. The Cluster of Mechanical Engineering inTampere Region TAMPERE VOCATIONAL ADULT EDUCATION CENTRE Research & Education Component suppliers System suppliers End users Cluster leaders COMPONENTS Steel constructions Power transmission Hydraulic. Tools Castings, ForgsTechnicalrubber & plastics CONTROL SYSTEMS C ontrolling /measuringand monitoring Automation Electronic Programming VTT TAMPERE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY OF TAMPERE TAMPERE AND PIRKANMAA POLYTECHNIC VOCATIONAL COLLEGES SERVICES CAEPrototypingFactory services MOBILE MACHINES Container handling systems Stone crushers Drilling machines Forest machinesHoisting apparatus ENERGY AND PROCESS Power plants Flue gas cleaning Machines of electricity delivery Stock preparationPaper mill automation FACTORY AND PRODUCTION SYSTEMS Glass machines Machine tools, FMS Material handling Factory automation Washing machines MINING, FOREST, SERVISES & MAINTENANCE Forest, Construction Transportation Real estate Hoisting services PROCESS INDUSTRY Forest Paper Food Chemistry Energy OTHER INDUSTRY Workshops Construction Electronics andelectro technical Plastics Safety glass PART ASSEMBLY PRODUCT ASSEMBLY PARTNER NETWORKS 20. OSKE ROVIR GIM WORK GROUPSFORUMS TAC automation centre, Electronic production, Machine vision, Trio programme HYN SISU ORC Hermia as a part of that cluster FIMA Mini clusters LEARNING ENVIROMENTS Fastems FMS training centerTP Welding Center LASSI Light assembly clubAutomaintCAM forum 5 axis milling environment ValuAtlas for Foundry institute elTrio- eLearning network PROJECTS Wellness at work (HyN) AHA-automation Vahva-job rotation elTrioWest-Finland Pirel+-electronics Olavi-laser technology KoMe 2020 foresightSERVICES FOR KEY CLUSTERS Foresight servicesProgramme and project preparationsMini-clustersCentre of Expertise programmesFully comprehensive project implementationDevelopment servicesExpert and Training services Venture Garage Laser LCC FactoryAutomation Energy Mobilemachines Components Laser LCC FactoryAutomation Mobilemachines Components 21. Case FIMA, Industry Research minicluster cooperation 22. FIMA Forum for Intelligent Machines
- A new technology platform for mobile work machines, which brings together Finnish specialists in the industry and research
- global market leader companies
- Tofindthe common targets of applied basic research in the industry
- Todirectthe research in accordance with needs of the industry
- Toinvestin strategic long-range research
- Topromotethe allocation of public funding in intelligent mobile work machines.
Objectives 24. Applied basic research Basic research Applied research Productdevelopment Companies Group of companies Research organisations Universities FIMA 10 20 % 80 90 % 100 % 30 50 % Share of public funding Research initiator 25.
- The annual general meeting ratifies the research targets and agenda
- Operative decisions are made in FIMA board
- Main activity in Working Groups
- - research project planning and supervision
- Separate steering groups for each projects
FIMA activity 26. FIMA working groups Energy efficiency Measurement Design methods Machine group control 27. Case elTRIO industry - education cooperation 28. elTRIO e-learning networkin the area of metal industry, mechanical engineering and automation www.eltrio.fi 29. elTRIO concept Education organizations Industry STUDENT Networking TRIO-Techonology programpedagocical & IT support Coordination Learning- material databank FMS systems Welding Controll & IT networking Mobile working machine Machine Vision etc.. Development groups 30. elTRIO
- elTRIO is co-operationnetworkoftechnology industriesforeducational institutesandauthoritiesfor taking care of not wasting time and money by doing same eLearning materials in several institutes. Th