About the report: With another full season behind us chock full of tradeshows, retail market visits and trend research, the Sphere team has compiled distinct big picture macro trends and key design themes for packaging direction in 2013. This sample of our Packaging Forecast features a small segment of our coverage of color, font, material & design - the entire forecast features 150+ images, 60+ pages and endless design inspiration! To learn more about our NEW Packaging Design Forecast due out in October 2014 - contact us today: www.spheretrending.com
1. PACKAGING DESIGN FORECAST2013 Sphere Trending, LLC Packaging Design Trend Forecast - SAMPLE About the report: With another full season behind us chock full of tradeshows, retail market visits and trend research, the Sphere team has compiled distinct big picture macro trends and key design themes for packaging direction in 2013. This sample of our Packaging Forecast features a small segment of our coverage of color, font, material & design - the entire forecast features 150+ images, 60+ pages and endless design inspiration! To learn more about this report, contact us: www.spheretrending.com
2. PACKAGING TRENDS key macro trends affecting packaging design Education: Consumers are looking for easy-to-digest data; seeing infographic simplicity come into packaging designs to help consumers understand key brand points quickly. Better Mousetrap: Particularly for food, we are seeing innovation in materials that extend shelf life and also cue expiration in a visual way. Open Innovation: As the world embraces crowdsourcing, packaging design has also turned to open innovation strategies to accelerate innovation. New Technologies: The cosmetics industry typically innovates new packaging technologies that can then apply to other industries. Newer on the horizon are airless packaging and personalized packaging. Private Label: Retailers are getting savvier in positioning their brands strategically. Moving away from me-too packaging and into roles as value innovators for not only the value ends but also at the Better/Best level. Solution Design: No longer does one size fit all as packaging needs by channel continue to diversify. For example, Morton Salt has a new initiative in getting specialized warehouse club packaging out quicker and more directed to the clubs needs; using a patented mobile lab by Menasha Packaging to take displays from design to concept in one day. 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC KEY MACRO TRENDS AFFECTING PACKAGING DESIGN KGS GLOBAL MENASHA PACKAGING
3. PACKAGING TRENDS bright pastels ANAGRAMA ANAGRAMA IRIS KASCHI PANGEA ORGANICS 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC Bright pastels combined with white for another form of clean and minimalist designs.
4. PACKAGING TRENDS matte finish MARA RODRIGUEZ BUNCHES AND BUNCHES EVALINE GUNAWAN MARTIN FEK A package design with a matte finish gives an unexpected twist to the designs. Finishes that look like they dont belong evoke a sense of curiosity. 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC
5. PACKAGING TRENDS see throughs make shapes SUPERSTUDIO ENRICH AGUILERA FRESH CHICKEN STOCKS TAYLOR BENSON Die-lines that make a cutout in combination with graphic elements create a unique way to showcase the product and form an eye catching aesthetic. 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC
6. PACKAGING TRENDS black and white photography Black and white photography continue the minimalist design movement by showing up on packaging. Pops of color add a nice touch to these crisp clean designs. DEIGA DEUTCH DESIGN WORKS TWA PENTAGRAM 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC TURNER DUCKWORTH
7. PACKAGING TRENDS oversized typography Oversized, repeating typography not only gets the message across, but also makes a great alternative to white space and other graphic elements. 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC CHRISTINE WSNEISKI FROST DESIGN GRABOWSKI
8. PACKAGING TRENDS stamped 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC NICK MISANI FARMGROUP FARMGROUP Handcrafted elements, in this case stamps, make each product one of a kind. Even in mass production, the stamp look still looks as though it was actually hand stamped.
9. DYO YEE CHUNG PACKAGING TRENDS portioned Packaging that helps consumers with their health by separating the product into healthy portions. Another use for portioned packaging is indicating steps in preparing the product, such as tea. 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC NICK CHUNGNICK CHUNG DHO YEE CHUNG DHO YEE CHUNG
10. PACKAGING TRENDS modern general store Designs you would find in an early American general store fuel the vintage revival. This style is made up of simple, centered typography with bordered enclosures. 2013 Sphere Trending, LLC ROBOT FOOD HOVARD DESIGNCAAVA DESIGN
11. 2013 Sphere Trending LLC The information contained in this document is provided for demonstration & internal research purposes only, to give dimension and meaning to the trends. Any reproduction of this information is a direct violation of the Federal Copyright Law. This includes, but is not limited to, color copying, color printing, photocopying or faxing, as well as email distribution of all content, photographs & images, or posting on the Internet. Please be careful to not copy the designs, trademarks or intellectual properties of others reported within these pages, as this may result in your being sued or prosecuted by the owner of that content. To learn more about our NEW 2014 Packaging Trend Forecasting Report coming out in October, contact us today! www.spheretrending.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org ph: 248-681-3945