1. Digital Marketing Priorities 2014 Brought to you by: LinkedIn Latest 2014 Danny Bermant, Director, BrainstormDigital 7 Key LinkedIn changes affecting B2B marketing and your personal use of LinkedIn you dont want to miss #PlanToSucceed
3. 3 About me Over 13 years in digital marketing Convert social media followers into clients Specialising in mid-size companies and Pharma More info at brainstorm-digital.co.uk @bstormdigital
4. 4 What well cover today What are the 7 Key LinkedIn changes? How will they transform your digital marketing activity? How can you take advantage of them today?
5. 5 What are the 7 Key LinkedIn changes?
6. 6 1. Profile Organizer scrapped as premium feature
7. 7 Some Profile Organizer features available to standard users
8. 8 These will help you to better manage lead generation
9. 9 Vote 1 please vote! Do you use LinkedIn for lead generation? Yes, we regularly attract new leads via LinkedIn We occasionally attract new leads Were not attracting new leads but would love to know how We have no interest in using LinkedIn for lead generation Note there is one answer only per Vote,
10. 10 2. You can no longer segment LinkedIn contacts
11. 11 You need to export your contacts to a CRM system
12. 12 Vote 2 - Please vote! Do you have a CRM system to actively manage your sales leads? Yes we already have one Yes were planning to adopt it Not sure No plans to adopt it Note there is one answer only per Vote,
13. 13 3. You can publish posts on your profile!
14. 14 Be your companys spokesperson!
15. 15 Sign up for early access!
16. 16 4. You can no longer post status updates on your profile
17. 17 If you want to be visible, make more use of groups
18. 18 5. Products and Services no longer available on company pages
19. 19 You will need to create showcase pages instead
20. 20 Youll need to budget for additional resources as well as ads
21. 21 Vote 3 please vote! Do you use LinkedIn ads to promote your company page? Were already using them Yes were planning to use them Not sure No plans to use them Note there is one answer only per Vote,
22. 22 6. LinkedIn Today has been replaced by LinkedIn Pulse
23. 23 Follow publications that are relevant to your industry
24. 24 7. LinkedIn Signal has been discontinued
25. 25 You can however track posts
26. 26 You can also search within groups for relevant topics
27. 27 In summary. Use LinkedIn Connections for managing contacts Consider integrating LinkedIn with a CRM system Publish your own blog on your profile Use groups instead of status updates to raise visibility Utilise showcase pages to highlight your companys products and services Use LinkedIn Pulse to stay informed on the latest developments Search LinkedIn posts or group discussions to track though leaders in your industry
28. 28 Questions to consider Do you have a lead generation strategy? Do you have a LinkedIn strategy? Is your LinkedIn activity adequately resourced? Download the Influencer Outreach Guide http://bit.ly/J0oiGl Other articles by me on SmartInsights http://bit.ly/1jyo3zM
29. 29 Bonus! Access your FREE video - www.brainstorm-digital.co.uk/groups 3 Ways To Use LinkedIn Groups To Generate New Leads