Presentation for the North Carolina Land Assembly discussing low-level specific tactics and strategies around social media and effectively engaging with target markets online.
- 1. Let Your Voice Be HeardHow to Effectively Engage with Your Target Audience Online North Carolina Land Trusts Assembly May 27, 2010 Cord Silverstein, EVP Interactive and Social Media, Capstrat
2. Social media is an umbrella term that defines the various activities that integrate technology, social interaction, and the construction of words, pictures, videos, and audio. - Wikipedia.org 3. 3 out of 4 Americans use social technology Forrester, The Growth of Social Technology Adoption, 2008 4. 2/3 of the global internet population visit social networks Nielsen, Global faces and Networked places, 2009
- 2/3 of the global internet population visit social networks
- Nielsen, Global Faces & Networked Places, 2009
5. If Facebook were a country, it would be the 4 THmost populated in the world, just behind the United States. 6. Why is all this happening? 7. 76% dont believe governments, companies or organizations tell the truth in their marketing and communications.- Yankelovich 2009 8. 68% trust other people like themselves up from 22% in 2003-Edelman Trust Barometer 9. Were humanPeople want to connect with other people People want to help and be helped 10.
- Lets get to some specifics already!
11. Facebook Fan Pages 12. Facebook Fan Pages Top Apps Static FBML Fan Appz Promotions Social RSS Posted Items Pro iEndorse Signup Form Extended Info Causes 13. CONTENT 14. Create and Share Content WordPress Blogger TypePad RSS ShareThis Blogs 15. Utilizing Other Mediums - Video YouTube UStream Justin.TV 16. Utilizing Other Mediums - Photos Flickr SmugMug Photobucket 17. CONTENT! 18. Search Engine Optimization
19. Search Engine Optimization 20. How do you start? 21. Training and Practice Begin by listening Google Alerts Google Blog search Technorati Twitter 22. Begin by listening Identify the influencers 23. Reaching out to Social Community Understand the environment you are in Ingratiate yourself into the conversation Be transparent Be open and honest. 24. Case Studies 25. Land for TomorrowNorth Carolina's Ten Natural Wonders
- Prior to April 27, 2010, 180 fans on Facebook
- Contest launches April 27
- Increase in traffic to website and FB page
- Now have1300+ fans on Facebook
- Secured over 4K email addresses
- Largest global grassroots social media fundraising effort
- Series of offline / online events for causes around world
- Raised $1.2 million within 14 months for 137 nonprofits
- 243,000 followers on Twitter
27. Nestle 28. Final Thoughts 29. Let go andgain more 30. Thank you!Questions? Cord Silverstein [email_address] Twitter:@cord