1. How Brands are Leading the Collaborative Economy For Sustainable Brands By Jeremiah Owyang @jowyang June, 2014
2. The Collaborative Economy 2
3. Phases of Internet Sharing The Collaborative Economy 3 From Altimeter Research: The Collaborative Economy, 2013, Jeremiah Owyang
4. What role do corporations play if people get what they need from each other?
5. The Collaborative Economy An economic model where creation, ownership, and access are shared between people and corporations.
6. You had to Redesign your business model for the Collaborative Economy? What if?
7. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
8. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
9. Brand as a Service
10. BMW and Toyota as a Service
11. Home Depot as a Service
12. 12 Marriott office as a service offers purpose-built coworking spaces. Marriott takes a strategic approach to reaching collaborative workers with work-oriented suites, co-working spaces, project rooms, meeting rooms and event spaces.
13. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
14. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
15. Patagonia enables a marketplace for refashioning products. 15
16. 16 Walmart enables game exchange reducing waste. Customer who bring in used video games can receive store credit, currently at Wal-Mart, and soon at Sam's Club.
17. 17 Gap partners with Divvy Bike Sharing for a shared workforce During the summer, people work at Divvy bike sharing, during winter, theyre auto-employed at Gap retail.
18. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
19. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
20. Enable a Platform
21. 21 U-Haul enables the crowd to fund truck, share in winnings and foster Shared Destiny Tap the crowd for better rates and terms that a company can set and achieve the highest form of loyalty: Shared Destiny.
22. GE Co-Develops with Quirky for sharing of ideas, supply chain, marketing, and revenues 22
23. Customers act like designers and manufactures with 3D printed phone cases 23
24. Walgreens Co-Delivers with Taskrabbit, extending brand promise 24
25. 25 Cokes Wonolo shares with customers who become employees Work Now, Locally Retail customers can now stock shelves for Coke displays and get paid while at it. Customers = Employees.
26. Barclays offers BarclayCard Ring, a credit card designed and built by community crowdsourcing. Card community members can propose ideas and vote for ways to make the card better meet their needs. The community collectively discusses ideas and evolves the card together. The Giveback program allows members to share in the profits of the credit card program.26
27. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
28. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain
29. Collaborative Economy: Value Chain B2P: Sell one good a thousand times; offer value added services. P2P: Enable reselling of durable goods/services, scale new value. B+P: Tap crowd for innovation, with shared IP and revenues and loyalty. Regenerates
30. New Members: Clorox, MasterCard
31. Go Deeper: Explore the Collaborative Economy Honeycomb 10:30am at the Saatchi & Saatchi S executive suite. Share San Diegos finest vegan donuts!
32. 1. People are empowered to get what they need from each other; corporations must use same strategies. 2. Strategy One: sell one product a thousand times, a brand as a service. 3. Strategy Two: companies host marketplaces of goods and services. 4. Strategy Three: provide a platform for makers, to fund, co-innovate, and share winnings. 5. As a result, companies are resilient: connected, empowering others, efficient, and profitable. FIVE FINAL TAKEAWAYS
33. Welcome to the Collaborative Economy Crowd Companies Empowered People & Resilient Brands Jeremiah Owyang Founder @jowyang Jeremiah@CrowdCompanies.com