Text of Dont just tell it - sell it! Marketing Employee Benefits
1. Dont Just Tell It Sell It! Market Your Employee Benefits Paul Barton, ABC, and Bruce K. Richardson
2. Marketing vs. Educating
3. Marketing Rocks! 60% 40%
4. Why Take This Approach? + Attraction + Retention + Participation + Engagement
5. 1 4 Perception vs. Reality 2 3 RichnessofPlan Communication Effectiveness
6. What It Is Not Company Picnic!!!! Open Enrollment!!!! 7 Financial seminar!!! BELIEVE M E!!!! Underline bold ALL CAPS!!!!
7. 5 Immutable Laws of Marketing Communication 1. Unless it is believed a message has no worth. 2. What is important isnt always interesting. 3. Timing is crucial to message effectiveness. 4. There are costs associated with not communicating. 5. Its more important to win hearts than minds.
8. Facts cause us to think, but emotion causes us to take action.
9. Aristotles Theory of Persuasion
10. Communication Steps to Action ACTION
11. Communication Steps to Action ACTION Facts to Emotion
12. Communication Steps to Action ACTION Facts to Emotion Text Charts Infographics Video StorytellingPhotos
13. Stories are Data for the Soul Stories trigger emotional responses. Engaging the brain makes stories more memorable.
14. Strategy vs. Tactic Timeless Strategy: Sneak Attack 2015 1776
15. Communication vs. Communications
16. 5 Key Communication Strategies 1. Make it personal 2. Include spouses as an audience 3. Leverage vendor resources 4. Make information available on demand 5. Use content experts 6. Tie benefits to corporate strategies
17. Make It Personal The WIIFM filter (relatable) Limit TLA/FLAs and talk to OHBs Tap into emotion (storytelling) Make information portable Package employee discounts Use modeling
18. Include Spouses as an Audience Speak to them in the content Send it home (apps, internet access) Invite them to benefits fair, open enrollment meetings Collateral (refrigerator magnets)
19. Leverage Vendor Resources Coordinate timing of messages Branded look and feel Brand language Review contracts Seek best practices
20. Make Information Available On Demand Online and searchable Lifecycle Kits Scalable websites / flat design Cloud-based Apps Global audience
21. Use Content Experts Brown bag lunch talks Blogs and podcasts Leverage vendor resources
22. Tie to Corporate Strategies Mirror language from corporate objectives Senior business leader support Corporate Social Responsibility
23. Package benefits for impact Get credit by branding everything Look for emotional value proposition Be creative Benefits Marketing Ideas
24. The Winning Marketing Trio Emotional Touch my heart Novel Something New Memorable Great Content