Algae Market ( Application - Marine Sector, Aviation Sector, Road Transport,DHA Production (Protein Sales), DHA Production (Pharmaceutical Applications),
Bioplastics; Cultivation Technology - Open Ponds Cultivation, Raceway PondsCultivation, Closed Phot
Demand for Algae Cultivation on the Rise as Need for Biofuel Soars acrossEnergy Sector, finds TMR
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90, State Street, Suite 700.Albany, NY 12207United Stateswww.firstname.lastname@example.org
236 Page ReportPublished Date20-Sep-2016
Buy Now Request Sample
Algae Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share,Growth,Trends & Forecast : 2024
The global algae market is led by Algenol, Solazyme, Inc., and Sapphire Energy, Inc. and together these three companies accounted for a massive 91.3% share in the overall algae market in 2015. Transparency Market Research states that this immense consolidation of the competitive landscape has compelled players to establish strong distribution and sales channels to gain an edge over others and to enhance their reach across potential markets.
Browse Market Research Report @
Some of the more successful strategies adopted by leading vendors are expansion of existing algae production facilities, the commercialization of algae cultivation technologies, a focus on projects oriented toward the reduction of carbon emissions, and targeting government and private investments for technological developments.
Strategic collaborations are also a sure-shot method of gaining market share, TMR finds. For instance, in August 2014, Algae Systems LLC collaborated with Japan-based IHI Corporation to develop a new biofuel production process based on the conversion of algae and wastewater into biofuel and clean water.
The opportunity in the global algae market stood at US$608.0 mn in 2015 and is projected to be worth US$1.1 bn by 2024, at a CAGR of 7.39% therein. By volume, the market is poised to expand at a 5.32% CAGR between 2016 and 2024.
Algae Used Extensively for DHA Production in Healthcare and F&B Sectors
Based on application, DHA production takes the lead in the global algae market and is expected to retain its lead throughout the forecast period. Algal biomass is most extensively used in the production of DHA, which is used in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and food and beverages sectors. Within this segment, the pharmaceutical application sub-segment held a larger share of just under 28% in 2016, which is expected to decline over the coming years to make room for the protein sales sub-segment. The aviation industry, on the other hand, is estimated to exhibit a high CAGR of 6.95% from 2016 to 2024.
On the basis of technology, open ponds cultivation technology held the dominant share in the algae market, while the closed photo bioreactors segment is projected to witness strong growth by 2024, in terms of both demand and sales. Geographically, Asia Pacific will emerge as one of the most attractive segments, registering a value-based CAGR of 8.0%
Transparency Market Research2
during the forecast period. In terms of percentage share, North America dominates the algae market and is expected to generate US$344.49 mn by 2024.
Rising Application of Algae in Wastewater Treatment
An alarming rise in carbon emissions from various industries has resulted in a prominent shift from the use of fossil fuel energy resources to renewable sources of energy. This has, in turn, fueled the demand for algae, which is a key ingredient in the production of biofuel. Many developed as well as developing nations have been focusing on the utilization of renewable energy sources so as to be in line with strict emission norms and standards, the author of the study notes.
Fill the form for an exclusive sample of this report @
In addition, the rising use of algae in wastewater treatment acts as a key growth driver. The surge in population and industrial activities has caused the depletion of freshwater resources, which in turn, calls for the large-scale treatment of waste water.
In contrast, high capital investments in the research and development of algae production and utilization act as a major deterrent to the growth of the algae market. The declining prices of crude oil in recent times have also negatively impacted the market as the use of crude oil-based fractions has increased.
This review is based on the findings of a TMR report titled Algae Market (By Application, By Cultivation Technology, And Geography) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, And Forecast 2016 - 2024.
Algae Market: By Application
-DHA Production (Protein Sales)
-DHA Production (Pharmaceutical Applications)
Transparency Market Research3
Algae Market: By Cultivation Technology
-Open Ponds Cultivation Technology
-Raceway Ponds Cultivation Technology
-Closed Photo bioreactor Cultivation Technology
-Closed Fermenter Systems Cultivation Technology
Request For Discount On This Report@
Algae Market: By Region
-Rest of Europe
-Rest of Asia Pacific
-Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research4
-Rest of Middle East and Africa
-Rest of Latin America
Transparency Market Research5
1. Preface 1.1 Report Scope and Market Segmentation 1.2 Research Highlights 1.3 Research Objectives 1.4 Key Questions Answered
2. Assumptions and Research Methodology 2.1 Report Assumptions 2.2 Abbreviations Used 2.3 Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary 3.1 Global Algae Market Size, by Market Value (US$ Mn) and Market Value Share, by Region 3.2 Key Trends
4. Market Overview 4.1 Segregation Overview 4.2 Market Indicators: Global Algae Market 4.3 Drivers, Restraints & Opportunities 4.4 Global Algae Market Analysis and Forecasts, 2016 2024 4.6 Porters Five Force Analysis 4.7 Value Chain Analysis 4.8 Global Algae Market Analysis and Forecasts, 2015 2024
5. Global Algae Market Analysis and Forecasts, by Application 5.1 Key Findings 5.2 Introduction 5.3 Key Trends 5.4 Market Size (US$ Mn) (Tons) Forecast By Application 5.4.1. Marine Sector 5.4.2. Aviation Sector 5.4.3. Road Transport 5.4.4. DHA Production (Protein Sales) 5.4.5. DHA Production (Pharmaceutical Applications) 5.4.6. Bioplastics
Transparency Market Research6
TABLE OF CONTENT
5.4.7. Others 5.5 Application Comparison Matrix 5.6 Market Attractiveness Analysis by Application
6. Global Algae Market Analysis, by Cultivation Technology 6.1 Key Findings 6.2 Introduction 6.3 Key Trends 6.4 Market Size (US$ Mn) (Tons) Forecast By Cultivation Technology 6.4.1. Open Ponds Cultivation Technology 6.4.2. Raceway Ponds Cultivation Technology 6.4.3. Closed Photo bioreactor Cultivation Technology 6.4.4. Closed Fermenter Systems Cultivation Technology 6.5 Cultivation Technology Comparison Matrix 6.6 Market Attractiveness Analysis by Cultivation Technology
7. Global Algae Market Analysis, by Region 7.1 Global Regulatory Scenario 7.2 Algae Market Forecast by Region (US$ Mn & Tons) 7.3 Market Attractiveness Analysis, by Region
8. North America Algae Market Analysis 8.1 Key Findings 8.2 North America Algae Market Overview 8.3 North America Market Value Share Analysis, by Application 8.4 North America Market Value Share Analysis, by Cultivation Technology 8.5 North America Market Value Share Analysis, by Country 8.5.1 The U.S. Algae Market Analysis 8.5.2 Canada Algae Market Analysis 8.5.3. Mexico Algae Market Analysis 8.6 North America Market Attractiveness Analysis 8.6.1 By Application 8.6.2 By Cultivation Technology 8.6.3 By Country 8.7 North America Market Trends
9. Europe Algae Market Analysis 9.1 Key Findings
Transparency Market Research7
9.2 Europe Algae Market Overview 9.3 Europe Market Value Share Analysis, by Application 9.4 Europe Market Value Share Analysis, by Cultivation Technology 9.5 Europe Market Value Share Analysis, by Country 9.5.1 Germany Algae Market Analysis 9.5.2 Russia Algae Market Analysis 9.5.3 U.K. Algae Market Analysis 9.5.4 Rest of Europe Algae Market Analysis 9.6 Europe Market Attractiveness Analysis 9.6.1 By Application 9.6.3 By Cultivation Technology 9.6.4 By Country 9.7 Europe Market Trends
10. Asia Pacific Algae Market Analysis 10.1 Key Findings 10.2 Asia Pacific Algae Market Overview 10.3 Asia Pacific Market Value Share Analysis, by Application 10.4 Asia Pacific Market Value Share Analysis, by Cultivation Technology 10.5 Asia Pacific Market Value Share Analysis, by Country 10.5.1 India Algae Market Analysis 10.5.2 China Algae Market Analysis 10.5.3 Australia Algae Market Analysis 10.5.4 Rest of Asia Pacific Algae Market Analysis 10.6 Asia Pacific Market Attractiveness Analysis 10.6.1 By Application 10.6.3 By Cultivation Technology 10.6.4 By Country 10.7 Asia Pacific Market Trends
11. Middle East & Africa (MEA) Algae Market Analysis 11.1 Key Findings 11.2 Middle East & Africa (MEA) Algae Market Overview 11.3 Middle East & Africa (MEA) Market Value Share Analysis, by Application 11.4 Middle East & Africa (MEA) Market Value Share Analysis, by Cultivation Technology 11.5 Middle East & Africa (MEA) Market Value Share Analysis, by Country 11.5.1 Saudi Arabia Algae Market Analysis
Transparency Market Research8
11.5.2 Nigeria Algae Market Analysis 11.5.3 South Africa Algae Market Analysis 11.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA) Algae Market Analysis 11.6 Middle East & Africa (MEA) Market Attractiveness Analysis 11.6.1 By Application 11.6.3 By Cultivation Technology 11.6.4 By Country 11.7 Middle East & Africa (MEA) Market Trends
12. Latin America Algae Market Analysis 12.1 Key Findings 12.2 Latin America Algae Market Overview 12.3 Latin America Market Value Share Analysis, by Application 12.4 Latin America Market Value Share Analysis, by Cultivation Technology 12.5 Latin America Market Value Share Analysis, by Country 12.5.1 Brazil Algae Market Analysis 12.5.2 Argentina Algae Market Analysis 12.5.3 Peru Algae Market Analysis 12.5.3 Rest of Latin America Algae Market Analysis 12.6 Latin America Market Attractiveness Analysis 11.6.1 By Application 11.6.3 By Cultivation Technology 11.6.4 By Country 12.7 Latin America Market Trends
13. Company Profile 13.1 Algae Market Share Analysis by Company (2015) 13.2 Competition Matrix 13.3 Key Players 13.3.1 Algae Tec 184.108.40.206 Company Overview 220.127.116.11 Financial Overview 18.104.22.168 Business Strategy 22.214.171.124 SWOT Analysis 126.96.36.199 Recent Developments 13.3.2 Pond Biofuels Incorporated 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
Transparency Market Research9
184.108.40.206 Financial Overview 220.127.116.11 Business Strategy 18.104.22.168 SWOT Analysis 22.214.171.124 Recent Developments 13.3.3 LiveFuels, Inc. 126.96.36.199 Company Overview 188.8.131.52 Financial Overview 184.108.40.206 Business Strategy 220.127.116.11 SWOT Analysis 18.104.22.168 Recent Developments 13.3.4 Algae Systems LLC 22.214.171.124 Company Overview 126.96.36.199 Financial Overview 188.8.131.52 Business Strategy 184.108.40.206 SWOT Analysis 220.127.116.11 Recent Developments 13.3.5 Sapphire Energy, Inc. 18.104.22.168 Company Overview 22.214.171.124 Financial Overview 126.96.36.199 Business Strategy 188.8.131.52 SWOT Analysis 184.108.40.206 Recent Developments 13.3.6 Solazyme, Inc. 220.127.116.11 Company Overview 18.104.22.168 Financial Overview 22.214.171.124 Business Strategy 126.96.36.199 SWOT Analysis 188.8.131.52 Recent Developments 13.3.7 Diversified Energy Corporation 184.108.40.206 Company Overview 220.127.116.11 Financial Overview 18.104.22.168 Business Strategy 22.214.171.124 SWOT Analysis 126.96.36.199 Recent Developments 13.3.8 Algenol 188.8.131.52 Company Overview
Transparency Market Research10
184.108.40.206 Financial Overview 220.127.116.11 Business Strategy 18.104.22.168 SWOT Analysis 22.214.171.124 Recent Developments 13.3.9 Kai BioEnergy Corp. 126.96.36.199 Company Overview 188.8.131.52 Financial Overview 184.108.40.206 Business Strategy 220.127.116.11 SWOT Analysis 18.104.22.168 Recent Developments 13.3.10 Algix 22.214.171.124 Company Overview 126.96.36.199 Financial Overview 188.8.131.52 Business Strategy 184.108.40.206 SWOT Analysis...