3. In order to keep things interesting, I vary the type of exercise I engage in.
4. One of my exercise choices is to ride my bike.
5. I have both a stationary bike and a mountain bike.
6. I must admit, however, that on occasion, at the end of a long ride on my mountain bike, the idea of having a motor that I could engage has crossed my mind.
7. Motorized bicycles as they are called, normally have either a two-stroke or a four-stroke engine.
8. The research that I have done online has shown that most models sell between $700 to $1000.
9. These motorized bicycles normally have a top end speed of about 35 MPH and will get about 150 miles to the gallon.
10. Electric Motorized Bicycles
11. Some of these bikes have an electric powered drive mechanism which means that when you are riding one you are releasing almost no hydrocarbons into the atmosphere.
12. When you are riding a fuel powered motorized bike, you are generating much less hydrocarbon than any other vehicle on the road.
13. I also own a motorcycle and have a motorcycle endorsement on my driver's license.
14. A motorcycle license is not required in order to operate a motorized bike because it is considered to be a bicycle.
15. It is a bicycle with a motor assist that requires one to pedal in order for the motor to engage.
16. There are many different designs for motorized bikes.
17. There is in fact a design that incorporates a mountain bike with a motor.
18. Happy days! "Oh, my goodness, look at the size of that upcoming hill.
19. " The solution, engage the motor.
20. Motorized Bicycles Are Good For The Environment
21. Owning a motorized bike is not only lots of fun, but it is also good for the environment.
22. Anytime that we can travel from point A to point B and minimize our carbon footprint in the process is a good thing.
23. I recently talked to a dealer of these types of bikes and she told me that she has never sold on of these types of bikes to someone who has not later told her how much fun they have riding it.
24. So if you are someone who likes to get outdoors and tool around to look at the sights.
25. Someone who wants to feel the breeze in their face (I was going to say hair, but I recommend always wearing a helmet), then choosing from the assortment motorized bicycles available may be just what you are looking for.