2. 125! years of innovationIn 1886, Carl Benz was awarded the patent for inventing the first car,while just 60 miles away, Gottlieb Daimler developed his own version.Between them they also invented the motorcycle and truck, and wonthe first auto race. For 125 years, a passion for innovation has drivenMercedes-Benz to continually reinvent the automobile creating anongoing legacy of firsts that keep redefining the standard for all cars.Among them, the 4-wheel independent suspension 80 years ago. Thecrumple zone and fuel injection in the 1950s. The Electronic StabilityProgram nearly 20 years ago. And more recently, PRE-SAFE. Today,the Three -Pointed Star remains far more than a shining symbol ofMercedes -Benz innovation. Its a guiding beacon for all automobiles.
3. it began with a spark.and ignited a revolution. Six years ago, Mercedes-Benz sparked an entirely new genre ofautomobile, and ignited the passion of a new generation of admirers.The CLS-Class captured the charisma of a 4-passenger coupe in a daring new expression of a 4-door body. And while numerous automakers rushed to bask in its glow, Mercedes-Benz set outto fan the fire within. The result is no less captivating than theoriginal, because it remains unmistakably original a seductivesculpture that flows seamlessly from headlamp to taillamp. More powerful in both performance and presence, the all-new 2012 CLS-Class is also profoundly more efficient, more engaging, morecomforting and more protective. In true Mercedes-Benz fashion, it isboth a tribute to its ancestry and an inspiring reinvention not just of the worlds first 4-door coupe, but of the worlds first car.MBUSA.com/CLSCLS 550 shown with optional Diamond White metallic paint, PARKTRONIC,Wheel Package Plus One, and Driver Assistance and Premium 1 Packages.
4. groundbreaking.breathtaking.It is at once steadfastly true to its rich legacy, and a dramaticbreakaway. As with every Mercedes-Benz coupe, the CLS-Classis sleek of line, fleet of foot, and crafted to coddle its fourfortunate occupants in timelessly modern style. And yet ituniquely welcomes each of its passengers through four invitingdoors. Its powerfully efficient new twin-turbo V-8 and adaptiveair suspension respond brilliantly to the demands of challengingroads and an ever-changing world. And yet its enchantmentsare not restricted to the driver. From each of its four impeccablytailored seats, the CLS-Class delivers a motoring experience thatcan be shared by all aboard, but with no other car.CLS550Coupe. The free-breathing power of a new 402-hp Direct Injectiontwin-turbo V-8 is complemented by a 7-speed automatic transmission with paddleshifters, semi-active AIRMATIC air suspension and 18" alloy wheels. The CLS 550sprints to 60 mph in just 5.1 seconds,1 yet returns 24 highway mpg.2CLS5504maticCoupe. For the first time, the all-season, all-road handlingconfidence of 4matic all-wheel drive3 can be combined with the performanceand panache of the CLS-Class. Thanks to the systems compact, lightweightdesign, the CLS 550 4matic can whisk its four passengers from 0 to 60 mph ina mere 5.2 seconds1 and still deliver a remarkable 23 mpg2 on the highway.
5. CLS 550 shown with Iridium Silver metallic paint, and optional Wheel Package Plus One and Premium 1 Package. Please see endnotes at back of brochure.
6. goes with the flow.thrives under pressure.With 402 hp on tap, the new 4.6-liter V-8 in the CLS 550 delivers a bounty of breathing room during acceleration, and with ultra-low emissions. Twin turbochargers spin up to 150,000 rpm,boosting low -end torque by as much as 45%. Rapid-multispark ignition fires up to four times ina millisecond, while high-pressure Direct Injection manages every atom of fuel with microscopicprecision. At higher speeds, the semi-active AIRMATIC suspension draws the car closer to theroad reducing drag and enhancing stability. Whether winding out of a corner or unwinding onthe open highway, the CLS-Class turns pressurized air into an aura of confident composure.CLS 550 shown with Palladium Silver metallic paint and optional PARKTRONIC, Wheel Package Plus One,Premium 1 Package and accessory rear spoiler. Please see endnotes at back of brochure.
7. Enhancedshifting. The versatile 7- speed automatic transmissionhas been reengineered for smoother, more efficient performance.An electronic selector and paddle shifters allow complete control ofgear changes without taking a hand from the 3-spoke steering wheel.Traction. The CLS 550 offers rear- wheel drive or optional Attraction. For optimum tire grip and crisp steering feedback, Advancedsteering. New electromechanical power steering delivers4matic all-wheel drive.3 From dry corners to slick streets, the the rear wheels are 1" wider than the fronts. Choose from four quicker response in corners, easier maneuvering at low speeds, alonglightweight 4matic system adds year-round confidence while 5-spoke designs: standard 18" or optional 19" wheels, and 18"with precise on-center feel and straight-line stability. The system alsopreserving the agile, balanced handling of every CLS-Class.or 19" AMG wheels in either of two optional Wheel Packages.4 contributes to the improved fuel efficiency of every 2012 CLS-Class.
8. pioneering insight. protective instinct.Look back over the life story of the automobile and youll find Mercedes -Benz continually leading the way in safety innovation:Inventing the first crumple zone over 60 years ago. Earning a patent for the air bag. And pioneering a long list of active safetysystems that eventually found their way into most every car, like the Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program(ESP ) and emergency-sensing Brake Assist. Today, the groundbreaking PRE-SAFE system can actually detect and help preparefor a collision before it happens. True to its heritage, the 2012 CLS-Class is engineered with visionary safety advances that watchthe road ahead and to your side. Help you to see and be seen. And respond to help make an accident less severe, less damaging,or even less likely. All cars might do this someday. The protection a CLS-Class offers today could rewrite the story of your own life.reveal.prepare. react.Brighter lighting. The worlds first all-LED activePRE-SAFE. A Mercedes-Benz first, PRE-SAFE canDISTRONIC PLUS. A Mercedes-Benz innovation thatheadlamps, included in the optional Premium 1detect instability during certain vehicle maneuverstakes cruise control to a new level of convenience,Package, generate light thats even closer to naturalthat suggest a collision or rollover is imminent.this optional system adapts your set cruising speeddaylight than the standard Bi-Xenon headlamps. It can then tighten the front seat belts, adjust in response to traffic ahead automatically slowingActive Curve Illumination and Adaptive Highbeamthe front passenger seat, and close the windowsdown until your path is clear again. If traffic stops,Assist continuously vary the beam pattern of the and sunroof all in an effort to better prepare the DISTRONIC PLUS can even brake the car to a full halt,LED headlamps to maximize illumination of cornersoccupants in the moments before a collision.7then resume automatically when it clears.9and straightaways, without creating glare for otherdrivers. Bright white LED Daytime Running LampsAdaptive Brakes. An integrated system of braking PRE-SAFE Brake. DISTRONIC PLUS also integrates aand LED taillamps are also standard. advances helps to make driving more reassuring and system that uses radar-based sensors to help detect relaxing in a variety of situations. If the driver lifts an impending collision with a vehicle ahead. Even ifNight View Assist PLUS with Pedestrian Detection.off the accelerator quickly, Predictive Brake Primingyoure not using the cruise control, PRE-SAFE BrakeThis remarkable option projects infrared beams thatsets the pads closer to the discs for more immediate can automatically apply up to 100% of the cars brakingare invisible to the human eye and reads them with response when the driver steps on the brakes. In the force to help reduce the severity of impact.8a special camera. The system displays a clearer, rain, Automatic Brake Drying gently applies the brakessupplemental real-time view of the road ahead on the periodically, to sweep away water buildup on the discs.Ten air bags. A suite of 10 standard air bags offerslarge central screen in the dash. It can even identify During uphill starts, Hill-Start Assist helps prevent12-way protection.10 Driver and new front-passengerand point out pedestrians.5unwanted rollback. And a HOLD feature can make knee air bags augment the dual-stage front air bags. stop-and-go traffic a little easier.8Pelvic air bags complement the side -impact air bagsATTENTION ASSIST. By continually monitoring a for each front seat. And side curtain air bags arevariety of driving behaviors, this Mercedes-Benzprovided at all four seating positions.innovation can audibly and visually alert the driverif it detects signs of drowsiness on long trips. More Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist.than 70 variables are measured in the first minutes ofThese optional systems can alert the driver to somea drive to establish a pattern for the individual driverunseen vehicles in the adjacent lane,11 and can warnand determine the warning thresholds accordingly.6the driver of unintended drifting across visible lanemarkings.6 Both systems are also offered with activetechnology that can help steer the car back into itsown lane should the driver disregard the alerts.
9. CLS 550 4matic shown with Storm Red metallic paint and optional Night View Assist PLUS, PARKTRONIC,and Driver Assistance and Premium 1 Packages. Please see endnotes at back of brochure.
10. CLS 550 shown with Indium Grey metallic paint and optional PARKTRONIC and Premium 1 Package.
11. illuminating by design.enlightened by desire.What makes a car an icon? It might be when, decades after its production has ended,it remains recognizable at a glance. But more likely, its when that glance immediatelyrekindles a lingering desire. The automobiles that go on to be prized by collectors,displayed in modern art museums, or simply treasured in the marketplace, all beginwith the spark of a new idea. No matter how artfully it may be sculpted, the enduringbeauty of a Mercedes-Benz will always radiate from far beneath its surface. From itspiercing headlamps, muscular fenders and sweeping roofline, to its classically inspiredgrille and analog timepiece, the CLS-Class owes its presence to the unequaled depthof its engineering. And yet even before the laboratories, wind tunnels, crash-test halls,icy lakes and harsh deserts took their turns in shaping it, its design was born from anunending desire to move people quickly, safely, comfortably, and most of all, deeply.
12. innovative, intuitive and indulgent.Inside every driver who craves the thrill of the open road is a little voice thatwants to cry out at the realities of traffic, parking, or even whats playing onthe radio. Mercedes-Benz hears the call, and responds with an orchestra ofadvanced technology to bring you inner peace with the outside world. Via anelegant central controller in its console and intuitive steering-wheel controls,the CLS-Class puts countless choices in entertainment, information andnavigation within easy reach. It listens to your outer voice, too, with Bluetoothand Enhanced Voice Control that lets you speak commands in normal, everydaylanguage.12 It even smooths your negotiations with the world far and near fromavoiding traffic on your route, to an option that can size up a parking space asyou drive by, then actively help you maneuver in. The CLS-Class is designed toindulge your wishes and anticipate your needs. Often before you even ask.At your fingertips. The COMAND system brings At your service. The optional Premium 1together a world of entertainment, navigationPackage includes a suite of conveniences.and information all accessible via a convenientKEYLESS-GO lets you unlock and drive yourcentral controller, a multifunction steering wheel car without ever taking the key from yourand a high-resolution LCD widescreen.pocket. A rear view camera16 shows a live color image on the in -dash screen whenAll around you. The 14 -speaker harman/kardonyou shift to Reverse. And an electronic trunkLOGIC7 system outputs 610 watts of Dolby closer helps to ease luggage -loading.Digital 5.1 surround sound. Listening choicesare seemingly limitless: a 6-DVD/CD changer, In the zone. Optional PARKTRONIC can alertHD Radio stations, over 130 channels of you to nearby obstacles while you negotiateSiriusXM Satellite Radio,13 iPod integration,14 a tight spaces. Active Parking Assist surveysmemory card reader, a 10GB Music Register forparallel-parking spots as you drive by, sizingstoring your digital music, and new Bluetootheach one up and letting you know which onesaudio streaming from your digital devices. The a good fit. Then, as you back into the space,navigation system15 features a fast 40GB hardthe system expertly handles the steering whiledrive, new 3D maps with building profiles, asyou simply manage the pedals.well as Zagat Survey ratings for restaurants,hotels and golf courses, and real-time SiriusXMTraffic with dynamic re-routing.CLS 550 shown with Almond/Mocha leather, Burl Walnut wood trim, and optional PARKTRONIC,wood/leather steering wheel and Premium 1 Package. Please see endnotes at back of brochure.
13. responds to your touch. and your inner voice.
14. no detail overlooked.or underachieved.
15. impeccably refined, immeasurably rewarding.Two elements define the unique character of a Mercedes-Benz coupe: A gracefulconfidence in its stride, and an exquisitely detailed 4-seat cabin. Even on anunfamiliar road, the CLS -Class feels unruffled, unstressed and at ease and itstrives to make its passengers feel the same way. With a flourish of hand-polishedwood and top-stitched leather, a full-length console affords each occupantan individual comfort zone. Every seat is finely tailored for the uncompromisedembrace of its sole occupant. And while the timeless craftsmanship appealsto your senses, advanced amenities tend to your well-being. Dual-zone climatecontrol monitors humidity, sunlight and incoming air quality. The digital surroundsound system reshapes the spectrum of its output to adapt to subtle changes inambient noise. And as night falls, fiber-optic LED lighting encircles the cabin in achoice of three colors for a soothing sense of belonging, even in the dark.Memorable. Each front seat power-adjusts 14 Tactile. With supple Premium leather trim andways including 4-way power lumbar support prominent thumb grips, the 3-spoke multifunctionand features a 3-position memory system. With steering wheel blends luxury and control. Optionalthe optional Premium 1 Package, the front seats heating adds winter comfort, while the optionalbecome heated and Active Ventilated as well,Wheel Packages add perforated leather side gripsfor added dimensions of comfort in any season.and a performance -oriented flat-bottom design.17An optional active multicontour driver seatoffers increased lateral support during cornering Individual. Expert tailoring to your taste is amaneuvers plus an invigorating massage feature. CLS-Class tradition. Rich leather or the optionof smooth, extra-supple Premium leather isVersatile. In the generous rear cabin, a pair complemented by hand-finished wood trim inof individually contoured seats flank a centeryour choice of warm Burl Walnut or dramaticconsole providing a folding armrest, dual Black Ash. An optional wood/leather steeringcupholders, covered storage and dual air vents. wheel puts this luxury directly in your hands.17Optional split-folding seatbacks allow easyexpansion of the cargo area when you need it.CLS 550 shown with optional Black Premium leather, Black Ash wood trim, and optional activemulticontour driver seat, PARKTRONIC, and Driver Assistance, Premium 1 and Wheel Packages.Please see endnotes at back of brochure.
16. performance art.signed by the artist.518 horsepower. 516 pound-feet of torque. 4.4 secondsto 60 mph.1 Seven speeds of a multiclutch transmissionengaging in as little as a tenth of a second. What dothese figures have in common? They all begin with one.At AMG the legendary high-performance division ofMercedes -Benz each individual engine is crafted byits own master technician, using race-proven componentsand his own hands. Lift the hood of the superlativelyengineered automobile which houses this engine andyoull see a metal plaque bearing his signature. Beyondall the racing trophies AMG has earned in its 45-yearhistory, this small plaque can tell the story in just fourwords: One man, one engine.LearnmoreatMBUSA.com/AMG
17. TheCLS63AMG. An all-new, handcrafted 5.5-liter biturbo DirectInjection V-8 delivers 518 hp and 060 mph in just 4.4 seconds.1 Andyet its advanced features and lighter weight result in lower emissionsand improved everyday efficiency. An optional AMG PerformancePackage raises the ante to 550 hp and 060 in 4.3 seconds.A new 7-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT transmission features a wetstartup clutch and three driving modes, including a fuel-saving newECO-Start/Stop system and a paddle -shifted Manual mode with100-millisecond shifts. From the console, the AMG DRIVE UNIT offersthree selectable setups for the transmission, multi-mode suspension,CLS 63 AMG shown with Palladium Silver metallic paint, and optional PARKTRONIC and AMG Performance, steering and 3-mode ESP including a driver-customizable program Driver Assistance and Premium 1 Packages. Please see endnotes at back of brochure. engaged with the push of a button tellingly labeled AMG.
18. connected to you.and your life.Your vehicle is more than a source of enjoyment, its an integral part of everyday living. The Mercedes-Benzmbrace system can make it easier whether youre planning a trip, trying to remember where you parked,or in need of help in an emergency.18 With mbrace, you can access an innovative and thoughtful world ofsecurity, destination planning and convenience services not only from inside your CLS-Class but also fromyour computer and your smartphone. With advanced, reliable technology, plus 24-hour support from helpfulexperts, mbrace helps to keep you, your life and your Mercedes -Benz connected.from your vehicle.With Mercedes -Benz mbrace, three simple buttons inside your vehicle can connect you to emergencyservices, our 24-hour Customer Assistance Center, or our Roadside Assistance service.19 Numerous mbraceservices are also seamlessly integrated with your vehicles standard COMAND navigation system.from your smartphone.The mbrace Mobile Application for iPhone lets you send addresses to your vehicles navigation system,locate your vehicle from up to a mile away, remote-lock or unlock its doors, find a dealer, and contactRoadside Assistance, Concierge services or even Mercedes -Benz Financial Services with a touch. A newDrive2Friend feature lets other people send their location to your car simply by responding to a textmessage you send them.20from your computer.In addition to all the support youll find at mbrace.MBUSA.com, you can send addresses directly to yourvehicles COMAND navigation system using the Send2Benz website. You can also look up a destinationon Google Maps and instantly send it to your vehicle via the Search & Send feature. And a new browsertoolbar widget lets you highlight an address on your screen and send it to your vehicle with just two clicks.Mercedes -Benz mbrace is the ongoing evolution of our groundbreaking in -vehicle services, offering national support along with expandedand enhanced features. To learn more about mbrace, see your Mercedes -Benz dealer, call 866-990-9007 or visit MBUSA.com/mbrace.Please see endnotes at back of brochure.
19. mbraceYour World, From Your CarMercedes-Benz mbrace packages.Mercedes -Benz mbrace offers unparalleled support, when and where you need it. Two available service packages each include an attractive complimentary trial period, so you canexperience the many ways mbrace helps you feel connected and protected. With the standard mbrace Package, you get unlimited access to its innovative Navigation and DestinationPlanning features: Send2Benz, Drive2Friend and Search & Send. It also includes all of the Safety and Security services, plus several reassuring Convenience features, such as the abilityto locate your vehicle or remotely lock its doors via your smartphone. The mbrace PLUS Package offers unlimited use of our expert Concierge services, as well as spoken turn-by-turnRoute Assistance even if youre not using your cars navigation system plus the latest traffic and weather reports based on your current location.mbracenavigation and mbrace mbrace safety and securitymbrace PLUSmbrace PLUSconveniencembracePLUSdestination planning Automatic Collision Notification Send2Benz Mercedes-Benz ConciergeDrive2FriendSearch & Send SOS/Emergency Call Remote Door LockPoint of Interest Destination Download Roadside Assistance Connection Remote Door UnlockRoute Assistance Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance Vehicle Finder(via Mobile Application only)Location-Based Traffic Automatic Alarm Notification Dealer ConnectLocation-Based Weather Crisis AssistVehicle Information Safe RideIt can call for help, even if you cant. In the event that an air bag or Across town, or cross- country. Whether youre going out for dinner,The extra mile, around the clock, all for you. Subscribing to theEmergency Tensioning Device is activated, mbrace initiates a call to picking up a friend or planning a trip, mbrace offers a variety of ways mbrace PLUS package gives you unlimited access to Mercedes-Benzthe Mercedes-Benz Emergency Response Center to notify them ofto make getting there easier. You can look up an address or a Point ofConcierge services our network of experienced, professional personalthe incident, and provide information on your vehicle and its location.Interest online or just grab it from your iPhones contacts and assistants who can fulfill virtually any request, at any time of day orA Customer Specialist will then attempt to make voice contactsend it directly to your vehicles navigation system. Or with a simplenight, right from the comfort of your vehicle. You can even enjoy theirwith you. If you request help, or do not respond, they will notify local text message to a friend, they can let their mobile phone sendservices on the go, via the mbrace Mobile Application for iPhone.emergency response services, and stay on the line until help arrives.its location directly to your car. Then, just a push of the i-Button in your vehicle will download the address, so you can either start route guidance immediately or save it in your navigation systems memory.
20. make it yours.Genuine Mercedes-Benz Accessories help you makeyour car the perfect expression of your style. And sincetheyre exclusively engineered for your CLS-Class, theyfit your car as well as they fit your life. A wide selectionof accessories allows you to enhance your vehiclesappearance, expand its functionality, or offer it someextra protection in everyday use. From alloy wheelsto chrome door handle inserts to state-of-the-artentertainment systems, every accessory is thoughtfullydesigned and thoroughly engineered. Its the best wayto make your CLS-Class unmistakably yours whilekeeping it genuinely Mercedes-Benz. To see the entirecollection, visit MBUSA.com/CLS.Rear Seat Entertainment system. Offer front- row entertainment toyour rear-seat passengers. Dual 7" monitors behind each front headrestraint can play separate DVDs or attach external devices via USBand SD card slots. They can also play the same movie on both screens.Two pairs of wireless headsets and a wireless remote are included tomaximize passenger enjoyment while minimizing driver distraction.All-season floor mats. Precisely contoured to fit the footwells of yourCLS-Class, each rubber mats honeycomb texture helps to keep water,mud and melting snow away from your carpets. Theyre easy to removeand clean, and are available as a set of four in Black, Beige or Grey.Illuminated door sills. Elegant, eye -catching brushed stainless-steeldoor sills are available in a set of two for the front doors, or as a setof four for all the doors. The front sills welcome you with a soft whiteluminescent Mercedes-Benz logo when you open the door.Rear spoiler. Aerodynamically contoured to accentuate the bold linesof the CLS-Class, the rear spoiler is designed for secure attachmentwithout drilling and a perfect fit with the sculpted lines of the trunklid.19"10-spoke wheels. Add to your cars poise and performance withoutcompromising its engineering precision. With a lustrous Black/Polishedfinish, these strong yet lightweight 10-spoke wheels are sized 8.5x19"front and 9.5x19" rear, to fit 255/35 front and 285/30 rear tires.
21. build your own.MBUSA.com/CLS CLS 550 CLS 550option packagesCLS 550 4matic3 individual optionsCLS 550 4maticPremium 1 PackagePARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist Full -LED headlamps with Active Curve Illumination and Night View Assist PLUS 5Adaptive Highbeam Assist (requires Premium 1 Package) Heated and Active Ventilated front seats iPod/MP3 media interface14Active multicontour driver seat with massage feature Rear view camera16 (requires Premium 1 Package) KEYLESS-GO Split-folding rear seats Electronic trunk closer Power rear-window sunshade Heated steering wheel 17Lane Tracking PackageWood/leather steering wheel 17 Blind Spot Assist11 Rear side-impact air bags10 Lane Keeping Assist 6 Premium leather upgradeDriver Assistance Package DISTRONIC PLUS with PRE -SAFE Brake 8 19" 5-spoke wheels with high-performance tires 4 Active Blind Spot Assist 11 Active Lane Keeping Assist 6Wheel Package 18" AMG 5 -spoke wheels with all-season tires 4 3-spoke sport steering wheel17 Manual mode for transmissionWheel Package Plus One 19" AMG 5 -spoke wheels with high-performance tires4 european delivery program 3-spoke sport steering wheel17 Manual mode for transmission Pick up your new Mercedes-Benz in Germany through the original manufacturer- sponsored tourist delivery program. Youll enjoy significant savings21 and other benefits, as well as the unforgettable experience of a European vacation with StandardOptional Not Available your own CLS-Class. Visit mBUSa.com/edp for more information.specifications CLS 550CLS 550 4matic3dimensionsCLS 550CLS 550 4maticEngine 4.6-liter twin - turbo 4.6-liter twin -turboWheelbase 113.2" 113.2" Direct Injection V-8 Direct Injection V-8 402 hp @ 5,0005,750 rpm 402 hp @ 5,0005,750 rpm Overall length194.5" 194.5" 443 lb-ft net torque @ 443 lb-ft net torque @ 1,8004,750 rpm1,8004,750 rpmOverall height55.8"55.8"Transmission 7-speed automatic with 7-speed automatic with Overall width 81.7" (w/mirrors)81.7" (w/mirrors) steering wheel -mountedsteering wheel-mounted paddle shifterspaddle shiftersCurb weight 4,158 lbs4,268 lbsWheels Staggered-width 18" 5 -spoke Staggered-width 18" 5 -spoke Headroom36.9" front / 36.1" rear 36.9" front / 36.1" rearSuspension 4 -wheel multilink,4 -wheel multilink,Legroom 42.1" front / 35.0" rear 42.1" front / 35.0" rear semi -active AIRMATIC with semi -active AIRMATIC with Adaptive Damping SystemAdaptive Damping SystemShoulder room 57.1" front / 56.5" rear 57.1" front / 56.5" rear and 4 -wheel level control and 4 -wheel level control Cargo capacity15.3 cu ft 15.3 cu ftDrivetrain Rear- wheel drive4matic all - wheel drive
22. color and trim.leather upholsteryAlmond/Mocha (requires Burl Walnut wood trim)Ash/Black (requires Black Ash wood trim)Black (Wheel Packages add contrasting Grey stitching)wheel choicesindividually chosen.exquisitely crafted.designo is an exclusive programof paintwork and leather upholsterychoices offering an extraordinarydegree of handcrafted quality andpersonalization. Please ask yourdealer about the designo paint andinterior options for the CLS-Class. Standard 18" 5-spokeOptional 19" 5-spoke Optional 18" AMG 5-spoke Optional 19" AMG 5-spoke (Wheel Package)(Wheel Package Plus One)
23. high-gloss wood trimendnotes1 Stated rates of acceleration are based upon manufacturers track results and may vary depending on model, environmental androad surface conditions, driving style, elevation and vehicle load.2 Preliminary 2012 EPA estimated fuel economy. See dealer for final figures. Compare the estimated mpg to the estimated mpg ofother vehicles. You may get different mileage depending on how fast you drive, weather conditions and trip length. Your actualhighway mileage will probably be less than the highway estimate.3 Availability of 4matic is delayed. See your dealer. No system, regardless of how advanced, can overcome the laws of physicsor correct careless driving. Please always wear your seat belt. Performance is limited by available traction, which snow, iceand other conditions can affect. Always drive carefully, consistent with conditions. Best performance in snow is obtained withBlack AshBurl Walnutwinter tires.4 Lower aspect ratio tires and accompanying wheels provide substantially increased treadwear, increased tire noise and reducedride comfort. Serious wheel and tire damage may occur if the vehicle is operated on rough or damaged road surfaces orupon encountering road debris or obstacles. These tires are not designed for use on snow and ice. Winter tires mounted onappropriately sized and approved wheels are recommended for driving in those conditions.non-metallic paintwork56Night View Assist does not replace the use of headlamps and must not be used as the primary visual source for the driver.Driving while drowsy or distracted is dangerous and must be avoided. ATTENTION ASSIST and/or Lane Keeping Assist may beinsufficient to alert a fatigued or distracted driver of lane drift and cannot be relied on to avoid an accident or serious injury.Lane Keeping Assist operates at speeds above approximately 20 mph.7 PRE-SAFE closes the side windows and sunroof when the systems sensors detect side movement that suggests apossible rollover.8 Braking effectiveness also depends on proper brake maintenance, and tire and road conditions.9 DISTRONIC PLUS adaptive cruise control is no substitute for active driving involvement. It does not react to stationary objects,nor recognize or predict the curvature and lane layout of the road or the movement of vehicles ahead. It is the driversresponsibility at all times to be attentive to traffic and road conditions, and to provide the steering, braking and other drivinginputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle. Drivers are cautioned not to wait for the DISTRONIC Proximity Warning SystemBlack before braking, as that may not afford sufficient time and distance to brake safely. After braking the car for stopped trafficahead, system resumes automatically only if traffic pauses for less than 3 seconds.10 WARNING: THE FORCES OF A DEPLOYING AIR BAG CAN CAUSE SERIOUS OR FATAL INJURIES TO A CHILD UNDER AGE 13. THE SAFEST SEATING POSITION FOR YOUR CHILD IS IN THE REAR SEAT, BELTED INTO AN APPROPRIATE, PROPERLY INSTALLED CHILD SEAT, OR CORRECTLY WEARING A SEAT BELT IF TOO LARGE FOR A CHILD SEAT. SEE OPERATORS MANUAL FORmetallic paintwork ADDITIONAL WARNINGS AND INFORMATION ON AIR BAGS, SEAT BELTS AND CHILD SEATS.11 Blind Spot Assist may not be sufficient to avoid all accidents involving vehicles in your blind spot and does not estimate the speed of approaching vehicles. It must not be used as a sole substitute for driver awareness and checking of surrounding traffic conditions.12 Bluetooth interface does not provide phone charging or external antenna. Voice interactivity feature is dependent on selected handset. Visit MBUSA-Mobile.com for details. Phone sold separately. See dealer for a list of approved compatible phones.13 With the purchase of a new, satellite radio-enabled vehicle, youll receive a complimentary 6-month subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio and SiriusXM Traffic, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz. SiriusXM Traffic service is available in select markets. If you decide to continue your SiriusXM service at the end of your 6-month trial, all SiriusXM services are sold separately, and the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See SiriusXMCuprite BrownDiamond White22 Indium Grey Customer Agreement for complete terms, www.siriusxm.com. Sirius U.S. Satellite service available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States, DC and Puerto Rico (with coverage limitations).14 All iPod devices are sold separately. Feature not compatible with iPod Shuffle. See dealer for details.15 While the navigation system provides directional assistance, the driver must remain focused on safe driving behavior, including paying attention to traffic and street signs. The driver should utilize the systems audio cues while driving and should only consult the map or visual displays once the vehicle has been stopped in a safe place. Maps do not cover all areas or all routes within an area.16 Rear view camera does not audibly notify driver of nearby objects and is not a substitute for actively checking around the vehicle for any obstacles or people. Images displayed may be limited to camera field of view, weather, lighting conditions and the presence of dirt, ice or snow on the camera.Iridium Silver Lunar Blue23Obsidian Black 17 Heated steering wheel and wood/leather steering wheel cannot be ordered together. Sport steering wheel is excluded from Wheel Packages if either the heated steering wheel or wood/leather steering wheel is ordered.18 All Mercedes-Benz mbrace services operate only where cellular and Global Positioning Satellite signals are available, which are provided by third parties and not within the control of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. An mbrace Package trial period is offered on new, Certified Pre-Owned and pre-owned sales and leases at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. Subscriber Agreement is required for service to be active. Some services are only available on select vehicles. Your PIN is required in order to use certain services. See your dealer or MBUSA.com/mbrace for details, including a list of compatible smartphones.19 Roadside Assistance repairs may involve charges for parts, service and towing. Vehicle must be accessible from main roads. Depending on the circumstance, these services may be provided by an outside provider, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance. Restricted roadways, acts of nature and vehicle accessibility may limit our ability to provide services to you. For full details, eligibility requirements, and limitations/exclusions of Sign and Drive services, as well as the Roadside AssistancePalladium Silver Storm Red Program, please see your dealer.20 mbrace is compatible with select Apple iPhone models running iOS 4.2 or later. Please visit MBUSA.com/mbrace for more information.21 European Delivery Program discount of 7% available on select models, other models offered at MSRP. Please see your dealer for details.22 Extra-cost option.23 Delayed availability. See your dealer.
24. for a small blue planet.For 125 years longer than any other automaker weve been sharing this planet with you. Respecting it,and protecting it, have long been a part of our vision, ambition, and our history of innovation. We introducedthe worlds first 100% CFC-free car, not just in its air conditioning but in its entire manufacturing process.Weve been using water-borne paints for years, and source the wood for our interior trim from responsiblysustained forests. Weve been pioneering advanced powertrains for generations, from todays hybrid modelsand 50-state clean diesels to the fuel cell vehicles of a rapidly approaching tomorrow. Mercedes-Benz isalso legendary for producing automobiles of extraordinary durability and longevity. After all, it takes virtuallythe same amount of energy to build vehicles that last as ones that wont. Even our brochures conserveresources and are produced with eco-conscious printing. Everything we engineer is born from the motivationto make things better and the ingenuity to make it happen. Passion with compassion that is what drives us. follow us: facebook.com/mercedesbenzusa2011 Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC One Mercedes Drive, Montvale, NJ 07645 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES MBUSA.comMarketing Communications. All illustrations and specifications contained in this brochure are based on the latest product information available at thetime of publication. Mercedes-Benz reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, to colors, materials, equipment, specificationsand models. Any variations in colors shown are due to reproduction variations of the printing process. Illustrations may include test situations. Somevehicles may be shown with non -U.S. equipment. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. iPhone and iPod are registered trademarksof Apple Inc. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Google Maps is a registered trademark of Google Inc. harman/kardon andCLS 550 shown on covers with Palladium Silver metallic paint and optional LOGIC7 are registered trademarks of Harman International Industries, Inc. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.PARKTRONIC, Wheel Package Plus One and Premium 1 Package. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.45 MC-11-890