1. 20 years of BMW in Romania Automobile Bavaria has celebrated 20 years since the opening of the first official BMW representation in Romania by organizing an anniversary gala on Monday at the Romanian Athenaeum. The BMW i8 model was presented for the first time in Romania on this occasion.
2. Over 700 guests, representatives of the Royal Family of Romania, ambassadors, political, cultural and business personalities, journalists and BMW aficionados, were present at the event in order to celebrate two decades of presence in Romania for the most successful premium auto brand in the world.
3. The year 1994 marks the beginning of a successful story in the Romanian business sector, a story written alongside BMW by a Romanian of German origin, Michael Schmidt, who returned home in order to support the development of his community. Thus, the founder of Automobile Bavaria Group opened the first BMW office in Romania, having 3 employees and selling 11 auto vehicles that year. Through a happy association of common values, the partnership between BMW and Automobile Bavaria has written pages of automobile history in Romania throughout the years. The network of dealerships now includes 11 locations (showrooms and BMW service points) in various regions of the country, the only Rolls-Royce service point on a 1,000-km radius (located in Baneasa), a representation and three MINI service points, a BMW Motorrad division, five BMW dealerships in Germany and the first BMW Advanced Body Repair service point inaugurated in Otopeni this year.
4. At the anniversary gala the public watched a show given by the Royal Camerata and the London Quartet, but not before welcome messages were given by Mr. Michael Schmidt, President Automobile Bavaria Group, and Mr. Andrea Castronovo, President BMW Group Central and South East Europe. A special moment consisted of the unveiling of the BMW i8 model, a moment preceded by the performance given by pan flute maestro Nicolae Voiculet, famous the world over for his skill.
5. Mr. Michael Schmidt, President Automobile Bavaria Group, stated: In 1993 I was at my parents home in Germany for Christmas and I met a friend who was working at the BMW research center; he told me about the concerns intention to launch the brand in Romania. On April 1st I started the distribution of BMWs in Romania. I started out with an office in the only business center in Bucharest and I sold 11 cars with the help of three employees. Today, 20 years later, Automobile Bavaria Group has over 600 employees and 15 dealerships in two countries. The fact that I have stayed in Romania and I have invested here in the last 20 years is proof of my confidence in this market and in the brands we represent.
6. Ilie Nastase, Gheorghe Hagi, Prince Radu and Gabriel Liiceanu were among the personalities invited at the event, being some of the most well-known partners and ambassadors of the BMW brand. I want to thank Michael Schmidt, on behalf of the children at the Academy, for the fact that you are taking care of us. I wish you happy birthday and try to remain the best! Gheorghe Hagi, BMW brand ambassador in Romania, stated. Ilie Nastase also expressed his pride in being Automobile Bavaria ambassador for almost ten years and his wishes that the BMW brand will remain leader on the Romanian market in the following years too. Ilie Nastase in the left Gheorghe Hagi in the right.
7. Read the entire article: http://michaelhorstschmidt.blogspot.ro/2015/03/20-years-of-bmw-in- romania.html Source: http://www.nineoclock.ro/20-years-of-bmw-in-romania/