1. Mary FiorePhotographer and PainterFundamentals of Design InstructorFioreart.comWanderplexWanderplex.comCruising and Photography Contributor
2. Basics of Taking Better Travel PhotosComposing Better Travel PhotosGetting the Most out of Your Camera Capturing a Travel Destination Managing & Sharing Your Travel PhotosPhoto Editing: Where the Magic Happens
3. WorkflowOrganizing, renaming and retrieving your photosPreserving your photosSharing via print, video and the webImage resolution and pixelsFile formats
4. 1. Take photos2. Upload to your computer into a folder3. Erase your memory card4. Sort by a system into folders on your computer5. Rename6. Back up7. Share and enjoy the memories via print, digital or web
5. Cruise Continent, country, city Transatlantic Hamburg to NewJersey 9/2014 NorwayOslo Kristiansand Scotland S Shetland Denmark Faroe Islands Europe NorwayOsloBergen Kristiansand Scotland S Shetland Denmark Faroe IslandsCopenhagen
6. A. After you have copied the folder with your photos from thecamera to your hard drive.B. View using large icons.
7. C. Rename individually or in a group.1. Left click on thephotos to berenamed2. Right click onone of theselected photos3. Choose (leftclick) rename4. Type the newname5. Click away fromthe photos or hitenter
8. D. Create Sub Folders.1. Right click in the window where you want the new folder2. Choose new, then folder3. Type a name for the new folder4. Click away or hit enter
9. 1. Select the photos to go into the new folder2. Drag them to the folder
10. Take a photo of the name of the location.
11. This helps in recalling the location of a group of photos.
12. I was able to recall the location becauseit was in the Wales Cornwall folder.This photo identifies thebuilding
13. Back ups: External hard drive Flash drive CD/DVD CloudDont backup whatever you are willing to loose.
14. Access from a device anywhere Share across devices Limited free or more for a monthly fee Automatic uploads from your camera or computer Google Drive and Google + photos -15 GBMicrosofts OneDrive 7GB
15. Consider creating working tiff files for photos youmay edit and save several times. Formats: Jpeg compresses and flattens Web format (72 dpi) Easily opened by others and in Windows Tiff does not compress and preserves layers Easily opened by others and in Windows PSD (native Photoshop file) does not compress Need an Adobe product and special program to see in Windows
16. 2048 x1536 700kb8 x10 200 dpi575 x 7208 x 10 92 dpiImage ResolutionWhen cropping to a part of a photo, then enlarging it theresolution decreases.
17. Pixels Pixilated Dpi = dots per inch
18. After a x4 size increase200 dpi 92 dpi
19. Walmart & Drug Stores Shutterfly and Mixbook photo books
20. Digital pictureframescComputer screen slide showscreen saver
21. Facebook Pinterest Flickr Google
22. Windows Live Movie MakerA sample video created in this program will playnext. iMovie Adobes Premiere $$ Premiere Elements $ Apples Final Cut Pro $$
23. 1. Take photos2. Upload to your computer into a folder3. Erase your memory card4. Sort by a system into folders on your computer5. Rename6. Back up7. Share and enjoy the memories via print, digital or web
24. The Best 10 Cloud Storagehttp://www.thetop10bestonlinebackup.com/online-backup-tips-and-information/is-online-backup-really-free About Google Drive Storagehttps://support.google.com/drive/answer/2736257?hl=en http://instagram.com/
25. Basics of Taking Better Travel PhotosComposing Better Travel PhotosGetting the Most out of Your Camera Capturing a Travel Destination Managing & Sharing Your Travel PhotosPhoto Editing: Where the Magic Happens