7 wonders of the world
- Statue Of Christ Redeemer Rio De Janeiro, Brazil 1926-1931
- o It is 30 meters (98 ft) tall, not including its 8 meters (26 ft) pedestal o It weighs 635 tones o located at the peak of the 700-meter (2,300 ft) Corcovado mount ain in the Tijuca Forest National Park o The statue was sculpted by the French artist Paul Landowski. o It is a statue of Jesus Christ o It is considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world o 5th largest statue of Jesus in the world Local engineer Heitor da Silva Costa designed the statue
- MACHU PICCHO PERU, SOUTH AMERICA 1438–1472
- o Machu Picchu is a 15th-century Inca site o located 2,430 meters (7,970 ft) above sea level o It is situated on a mountain edge above the Urubamba Valley in Peru o Often referred to as the "City of the Incas“ o The Incas built the estate around 1450, but abandoned it as an official site for the Inca rulers a century later at the time of the Spanish Conquest
- THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA EAST-TO-WEST LINE ACROSS THE NORTHERN BORDERS OF CHINA 1368-1644
- o The Great Wall of China is approximately 8,851.8 km (5,500 miles) o It is the world's longest human-built structure o It is a series of fortifications made of stone, brick, tamped earth, wood, and other materials o It was build to protect the Chinese Empire against intrusions by various nomadic groups o It starts from Hushan in the east to Jiayuguan Pass in the west traversing Liaoning, Hebei, Beijing, Tianjin, Shanxi, Inner Mongolia, Ningxia, Shaanxi, Gansu and Qinghai.
- PETRA JORDAN 100 BC
- o The site remained unknown to the Western world until 1812 o It was introduced by Swiss explorer Johann Ludwig Burckhardt o It was described as "a rose- red city half as old as time” o It is the capital of the Nabataeans and the center of their caravan trade o The Nebataean people conducted business in Petra, making it an important silk and spice trade city o Petra is a Greek word, meaning 'stone’ o a historical and archaeological ci ty in the Jordanian governorate of Mayan o And is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduit system o It lies on the slope of Mount Hor
- CHICHEN ITZA MEXICAN STATE OF YUCATÁN 600 A.D.
- o Chichen Itza was a large pre-Columbian city built by the Maya civilization o The site exhibits a huge numbers of architectural styles o Chichen Itza was one of the largest Maya cities o The ruins of Chichen Itza are federal property
- COLOSSEUM ROME, ITALY 70-80 A.D
- o The Colosseum is the largest amphitheatre in the world o It is an elliptical amphitheatre and is considered one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and Roman engineering o Capable of seating 50,000 spectators o the Colosseum was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as, animal hunts, executions, re- enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology
- TAJ MAHAL AGRA, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA 1648 A.D.
- o The Taj Mahal is a white marble mausoleum o It was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal o Mumtaz Mahal, died during the birth of their 14th child, Gauhara Begum o Shah Jahan's grief illustrate the love story traditionally held as an inspiration for Taj Mahal o Throughout the complex, passages from the Qur'an are used as decorative elements